Yards with shows on-site or nearby in East Anglia?

MartinBr

Visit site
We used to live near Doncaster and would ride to half-a-dozen shows 2 to 4 miles away in a year and do things like the clear round competition.

After moving to Mildenhall in Suffolk, we've found that there are no shows near enough to ride to, and as my horse isn't used to travelling, I'm not keen on transporting him, especially as we'd be on our own.

Does anyone know of a yard within 30 minutes of Mildenhall where there are shows on-site, or within riding distance, or where there are enough liveries interested in showing that one can share transport?

Thanks,

Martin

Jesstickle

Visit site
Queach farm might be just a little too far but they run BD and unaffiliated dressage in the summer. They take liveries. Your other local venues are they Jays near bury, Elveden chaser course (for XC schooling), Forest Edge near Swaffham, Ely Eventing, Fenning Farm (Soham way)

I'm afraid you have to get used to going a long way in East Angular. It's quite big and there isn't much in it so things tend to be quite far away from each other.

I'm a Nofolk gell originally, currently in Cambridge and about to move to Newmarket. Welcome to the area :)

MartinBr

Visit site
Thanks very much for the info, jesstickle. Maybe I was expecting too much to be able to ride to shows. My main problem with driving to shows that there are no liveries where I am who are interested in doing the same. As my horse is a big, scaredy Anglo Arab, I don't think he'd be fit for much if I took him on his own, so I really want to do something like club together with other liveries to hire a lorry.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Ahh bless him. I'm in the same boat as you a little bit, no one to share transport with!

Someone might know something I don't so don't give up hope. I am by no means a guru on the area.

Fenning Farm do livery and they would be under half an hour from you. They have all sorts going on and lovely surfaces etc. Bit too much money for me but link is here :)

http://www.fenningfarm.co.uk/index.asp

vallin

Visit site
Don't know anywhere, but it might be worth looking at where the riding clubs near you hold their shows. Near us there are no show centers but a couple of the riding clubs hold there shows in fields within hacking distance :)

MartinBr

Visit site
Don't know anywhere, but it might be worth looking at where the riding clubs near you hold their shows. Near us there are no show centers but a couple of the riding clubs hold there shows in fields within hacking distance :)
That's good advice, vallin. There is at least one riding club nearby, so I shall investigate.