Yay, good news about my arm

Shrimp

Visit site
I went to the fracture clinic today for more xrays after falling off 2 1/2 weeks ago and the Dr said that I seem to be fine with moving and using etc and that I wont need physio! I dont have to wear a sling now unless it aches and he said about 5 weeks untill I can ride again
grin.gif

So we are going to get Shrimp back before I go back to school in about 3 weeks and i'll start doing ground work with him and perhaps very light riding i.e. plodding about untill i build up the strenght and confidence again. I dont feel like i've lost my confidence though that will show we I get back on him. Mum even said how about doing the Somerford event at the end of September even if I do the intro which gives me six weeks from now! I though that might be being a bit optimistic but you never know! I might aim for Rodbaston in the middle of October though mum wasnt to keen as its midweek so i'll miss a day of school but I dont care!
grin.gif

yay, im so happy that I now have something to look forward to
grin.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
Great news! How is it feeling? Mine is ok but does still ache a bit if I have done too much. Have a fair amount of movement but cannot lift my arm very high yet. The freaky thing is that I can feel the break through the skin - YUK!!

Am sooo desperate to get back in the saddle!!

Shrimp

Visit site
Eugh, sounds horrible! Its not feeling too bad, sometimes aches a bit and iv just got to gradually build up the work again. Hopefully will be able to start driving again in a week or two but at least now i can now type with two hands again!
grin.gif

I really want to ride again but I think because my friend is looking after Shrimp for me, I dont think about as much which helps.