Yay im getting my box

vicm2509

Visit site
Following my post yesterday about Petrol boxes I am going to get it.

Its a 3.5t petrol transit. I am now just hoping my horse fits in it. I cant try him first as the box is a 4hour drive away, but the lady said he should fit and gave me the measurements so if it is as she says it will be perfect.

Im really looking forward to getting out and about to some local shows and hopefully will join my local riding club before winter as they use a nice indoor school.

Im so excited and will post some pics when I pick it up next week
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Fantastic!!!

What are the measurements out of interest, as I was thinking of swapping mine for a 3.5 tonne, but the ones I've seen so far are a tad too small!

Can't wait to see the piccies! Where are you planning your first trip out?

vicm2509

Visit site
It is herringbone. With the partitions still in and set at the longest way they will go the biggest space will be 2ft 8 wide when set up the length is 8ft 3 and the height is 7ft 1.

She says a 16.2 has been in there with no problem (mine is 16.3 but his withers are high so a small 16.3). I very much doubt I will get anything else in there with him but he is my only horse so I dont mind.

Aleka81

Visit site
I have just under 10ft length in mine for my boy to travel herringbone. Ten foot from his bum to where his head would be. And that was from right in the corner to a point at the other end. Head room wise my boy has 7 ft 6 clearance but that does give him a fair amount of room. I went on IFOR Williams website and looked at there measurements to see if I had enough room. Width wise he has loads.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
It is herringbone. With the partitions still in and set at the longest way they will go the biggest space will be 2ft 8 wide when set up the length is 8ft 3 and the height is 7ft 1.

She says a 16.2 has been in there with no problem (mine is 16.3 but his withers are high so a small 16.3). I very much doubt I will get anything else in there with him but he is my only horse so I dont mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you will have plenty of room, can't wait to see the piccies!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
when set up the length is 8ft 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of interest, what size is you horse in rugs and does he have a good length of rein? Sorry, but IMO that is not a lot of length for a 16.3, even if he is a smaller one!

Tempi

Visit site
yes, i dont think there really is going to be enough room to be honest with you, mayb if you totally remove one of the partitions it might be better..............

Aleka81

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when set up the length is 8ft 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of interest, what size is you horse in rugs and does he have a good length of rein? Sorry, but IMO that is not a lot of length for a 16.3, even if he is a smaller one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I needed 10 foot with my boy. My boy is 6ft 3 in rugs so the extra 3.5 feet left just enough room.