Yay!! We didnt get eliminated at South of England!!

jennystreek

Visit site
Yesteray I did my first PN on my new nappy mare, who has caused me tremendous problems since i bought her last september!
mad.gif
She did 3 intro's last year with previous owners, and i managed to ride her round munstead intro in march, which was the 2nd time only i've ever taken her xc, so this was our 3rd xc attempt ever, and her first PN.

Dressage - felt she was quite settled, and tried my best to warm up away from other horses and in the 'spookiest' place i could find, so went over by the park. All was going well until we trotted past a bank with a white chair on it, and so she decided to do really huge verticle rears about 6 times in a row - the last one was so high i actually felt i was going to slide off the back. Got a few concerned looks
blush.gif
but then just carried on feeling a little stressed at that point.
Actual dressage test went well, and managed to ride without any spooks and kept her soft and round. Was disappointed with a mark of 41.4, as felt she had gone better than that - always the way
confused.gif

Then on to sj - was feeling quite sick, as had some fillers in it that i was sure she wouldnt like and would probably do some massive naps at. we were eliminated at Felbridge last week and have never jumped a course that big, so was feeling quite negative. warming up i suddenly felt really weak, and didnt want to actually do it, but decided the only way to get round would be ride it in true 'pony club style' and not let her get away with anything.

So cantered positively into the ring, felt her go to back off and nap along the side of the stands, so gave a big kick and rode strongly into the first fence. after that it all seemed a blur, and i must have gone round and xc speed as we had 2 down, but she didnt get the chance to stop at anything which i was totally thrilled at. was a big fence by the stands which she tried to run out at but growled at her and called her some explicit name so she hurridly popped over it!!!

was now feeling very relaxed and wasnt that fussed about xc, as was so pleased to get round sj without being eliminated that it had made my day - xc would just be a bonus considering she's never jumped anything bigger than intro (even schooling). gave her a quick warm up jump, and then on to the start.

as we cantered off, we must have got about 12 strides away from the first fence and i felt her starting to back off, yet as i went kick her, the next thing i know we had done a handbrake turn, reared up vertically and then proceeded to gallop back towards the start box
blush.gif
blush.gif
so i swiftly turned her and smacked her and she retaliated by an almighty buck which then caused me to lose my stirrups and almost go over her head!!! however, managed to stay focused and kept kicking her on to the first jump (without one of my stirrups still
crazy.gif
) and once we were over she was off!!!

Gave me a lovely ride over fences we would never dream of attempting, but i completely missed the 2nd part of the chair combo and whizzed straight past so had to circle and go back for second part, plus same thing happened in the quarry after the ditch. it was just a case of bad riding and mis-aiming, although got 20 pens for each of these even though i didnt think i had presented her at the fences as line was so bad...still, she hadnt refused which was all i was interested in - penalties were my fault.

she did however try and have a spook at the photographer at the trailor fence 18, but luckily managed to get a quick shoulder tap in and jumped the furthest corner of the fence so no run out.

was absolutely thrilled with this nappy mare, and thought her to be so bold xc, helping me out also with my inaccurate riding!

just need to work on getting out the start box as wasted loads of time, plus wouldnt be good to get chucked off before i'd even jumped the first fence!!

Oh and saw Hattikins and madhossy (who did really well), plus was a gorgeous day!

thanks for reading
laugh.gif

jennystreek

Visit site
i was very relieved after it was all over, after having spent the whole day trying to work out why i was putting myself through it all!!

well done to hatti for her excelllent result - she looked gorgeous warming up and so calm and collected!!
smile.gif

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done!! Enjoyed reading your report - did you get any piccies or any of it on vid?? Onwards and upwards!

[/ QUOTE ]

i do have pictures but have no idea how to put them on!
have tried, but says that they are too big? i hate computers!

madgirl

Visit site
well done brillaint!
Were you the one that asked the other day if you though you should withdraw or not?

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well done brillaint!
Were you the one that asked the other day if you though you should withdraw or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
smile.gif

yes that was me, and i did withdraw my other horse (which im so thankful about, as he definately wouldnt have coped with the course), but decided to take the new mare in his place as a kind of impulse decision!!!

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That was an achievement J., absolutely great considering the little devil's brain's activity!! Very well done once again
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks wiola...really enjoyed riding her cross country, although tricky to get going, once she's away i think she would jump anything. hoping she will take me round those novice courses eventually...in fact, i know she will!!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Well done you.

You must be so pleased.

You're very brave to have ridden that XC on your new ned not having done the height before - and that's without the rearing!

All systems go for the next event now and looking forward to it more?

x

BBs

Visit site
Oh well done.

I tell ya, your report sounds similar to how snoop went athis firsthunter trial,although i put his napping down to his allergic reaction and painful spots.. however, i bet its a new habit we may have to bash out of him
smirk.gif

Welll done, the xc sounds like a lot of fun once over the first fence.

Where too next?

lisan

pets.webshots.com
If you upload them to photobucket it will let you re-size them so you can post the link in here, there is a great guide in the picture gallery, took me ages of faffing to get the hang of it!

jennystreek

Visit site
shall be off to tweseldown next weekend, entered both for the intro.

slightly annoyed though as have been pulled on a 4 day training course in milton keynes from tommorow, so cant ride all week! wish i could afford not to work!!!
mad.gif
*where's that rich husband gone....*

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well done.

I tell ya, your report sounds similar to how snoop went athis firsthunter trial,although i put his napping down to his allergic reaction and painful spots.. however, i bet its a new habit we may have to bash out of him
smirk.gif

Welll done, the xc sounds like a lot of fun once over the first fence.

i have been reading your posts about Snoop, and really feel for you and just hope you do manage to bash it out of him quickly. struggle to understand why some horses nap and others dont. would have been interesting to have known if my mare was ever once in pain in her younger days, which could have started off the bad behaviour. just will never know!!
Where too next?

[/ QUOTE ]