Yearlings First Show *Photos*

UnaB

Visit site
Hello :)

Thought i'd posted these in here but apparently not!

Ava went to her very first party last weekend. It was rather exciting as we had to walk there (no transport) which was a challenge on its own with TWO shows being held at two local venues so there were tonnes of lorries and trailers going past, as well as all the farming machinery at this time of the year. Thankfully she didn't even look at any of the traffic - what a star!!

She behaved perfectly at the show, she had eyes on stalks a bit of course, and the loudspeaker made her jump about a foot in the air when she first heard it :D But she had a lovely time watching the jumping rings (we both agreed it was MUCH more exciting than our ring!!) and made friends with a few other horses and people which was lovely :)

She was perfect in her classes, very calm and on her best behaviour which was a relief as I was expecting tantrums and drama! The trot was interesting - it was still a bit hit and miss in practice but she DID trot in both of her classes and was much improved in the second class despite being very tired by that time.

She didn't place in the first class (coloured) of about 25 horses! I think it doesn't help that we look bay from a distance. Judge went for the coloured cob types and seemed to favour the very fat horses(!!!!) but did give Ava some very nice comments. Second class (youngstock) we placed 4th. Judge was a welshie breeder so Ava certainly wasn't her type so I was very pleased with our placing :) But it was definitely a successful day regardless of results, very proud mum here :D

Here's some photos from the day:

10p7fcj.jpg

Final line-up for the youngstock class - Ava 4th
23ij5sy.jpg

14brlzt.jpg

sqjeaw.jpg

2monzex.jpg

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
She is lovely - so funny how high her bum is!! I'm so glad she was good, I have never been brave enough to take Piper anywhere.

UnaB

Visit site
Thanks for the lovely comments. It was a daunting thing for me, expecting her to be a nightmare as I was!! But a wonderful experience for her :)

Ava was actually looking much better about a month ago, she has had a big growth spurt and gone rather bum high right now!!!