Yellow pony pings

dafthoss

Visit site
A bit late because I wasnt going to post about it but as I'm still rather proud of the yellow pony I thought I would.

Took yellow pony down the road to do some clear round jumping yesterday, upon arival I felt rather out classed :eek: as there were some serious looking show jumpers in the car park when we arrived :eek:. Having planned to pop round the 2'9 and then the 3' I was slightly concerned I had missed it but it was ok I hadnt.

Any way skip the boring stuff he was making his own entertainment in the warm up and kept taking strides out :cool: not something he normally does. So I went in, now some of them were well over height which in its self wasnt a problem as it makes us both focus. He was the bestest pony ever and jumped his first ever clear round from his first time in the arena :D (normally we have a stop in the first class but hes then much better in then second), he didnt look at the fillers or question any of the jumps. He wast quite as raring to go as he normally is but I think he used all his buzz by going sideways most of the way there :rolleyes: but he jumped on friday at pc (very well again :D) so wasnt as excited about jumping as normal.

Quick breather while they put a few fences up and we went straight away as no one else was there to jump.

Started the 3' really well but just tipped a pole over one of the uprights (a rather full up one I must say I was slightly shocked at how big it was when some one stood next to it :eek:). But he managed to keep it together which is a massive achievment for him as its the first pole he has touched away from home and he normally freaks out when he touches a pony eating pole. Unfortunatly the same cant be said for the jockey and I managed to jump the wrong jump :eek: even though I had just ridden the same course. Confusion sorted and back on course and he finished off brilliantly. Lots of love for the pony after that.

So the rider needs a satnav but the pony can jump out of his skin for me and felt super confident even if not raring to go, so I cant wait to go back when he will be raring to go and see how he feels. He suprised a few people I think and it was commented on how he can get him self in the air from new instructor who has only ever seen his rather uninmpressive flat work and possibly questioned my sanity when I said I wanted to event him some time :D. We also met Tr0uble from here who recognised the funny almost yellow pony so Hi again :).

Heres the pro photos unfortunatly theres no video as the camera/computer has eaten the card again and I havnt had time to sort it out yet and yes I have brought some but just to keep the button pushers happy I'll post the links ;)

This where my face is a picture :p
http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...16.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...21.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...26.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...50.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...45.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...50.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

http://photographybyrobmorris.com/t...55.jpg&watermark=© photographybyrobmorris.com

Any way I have some easter chocolate on offer if you got this far :) and any matchy people how do you think he would look in baby pink? I have seen some in the sale and I'm very tempted but I dont know if it will suit him.

Last edited:

vam

Visit site
He looks fab in the pics, really pingy :)
Not so sure about the baby pink thou, might look abit washed out on him, really bright pink might be better! :p :D

dafthoss

Visit site
Simply scrummy - but then you know that :) So glad he is coming good for you :)

Thank you, I'm still proud of the fact that people stayed to watch us jump normally it because we have made a scene but not this time :D

He looks fab in the pics, really pingy :)
Not so sure about the baby pink thou, might look abit washed out on him, really bright pink might be better! :p :D

Thanks :) Yeah I thought he wouldnt do babay pink :rolleyes: which is rubbish as its cheap! Oh well he is getting some bright pink when I get paid :p

Looking good, he is lovely Well done :D

How old is he & have you had him long sorry just being nosey :p

Thank you :). Short version but 7 yo had him just over 18 months, he had never been ridden at a show, was very worried about jumping with a very dirty stop and had done all his flat work and hacking in draw reins. He is a bit of a mind games one though and has taken some work but its starting to really come together now and he is starting to work with me and enjoy things.

He looks awesome! And so much fun! :D

Thanks he is really fun now :D we need to do some yellow pony pairs!

Love his mane in this one he looks so awesome! You've done such an amazing job with him :)

Thank you I think it just shows how much he was pinging :D

I brought this one :D its the first photo I have of him competing over a decent size spread.

Should also add I'm not normally this scruffy competing but it did say just smart riding clothes not full on competition wear :eek:

NR99

Visit site
The first photo is my favourite, boy does he ping. Also love the cute spikey hair do in the 5th :) Well done you for bringing him along so nicely!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Lovely post - sounds like you're all set for a successful summer of competing! His spiky hair do is awesome :)

Def think hot pink will suit him more, esp when his proper yellow summer coat comes through - he will be like a rhubarb and custard pony, nom nom. He will actually be yummy :eek: ;)

BeckyD

Visit site
Wow he looks great! You've done such a great job with him. I love yellow ponies as a matter of course but this one is particularly special :)

Well done, be proud!

dafthoss

Visit site
Some really fabulous pics! :D

How did you get him to become more confident in his jumping?

Thanks :) Its been a bit of a long task but it has suddenly clicked. We did LOADS of grid work to get him using him self properly, even though he never had a bad technique he was prone to backing off then running from your leg then getting close so grids just helped him stay in his rhythm and meet the fences right, also had a change of bit to help with this to a dutch gag with 2 reins. He wouldnt go near a filler so I did have to get a bit strict on that one but now he has got it and the fences give him more to concentrate on so he doesnt look down at them so much, but I will say thats only been the last few months. We also did a season of pony club so he was jumping away from home about 3 times a month doing various exercises which also really helped. Then we added some xc which he is suprisingly brave at and doesnt seem to view in the same way as sj :confused: and he really enjoyed the challenge. When ever he touched a pole he was praised which goes against the grain but it was praise for trying to jump rather than saying no and getting the canter much more forward as one instructor said you want a real handful in front on something his size so you have a hope of making the distances but it needs to be controllable.

The first photo is my favourite, boy does he ping. Also love the cute spikey hair do in the 5th :) Well done you for bringing him along so nicely!

Thank you :) he did launch that one hence my face :eek:

He looks great!!

Lovely post - sounds like you're all set for a successful summer of competing! His spiky hair do is awesome :)

Def think hot pink will suit him more, esp when his proper yellow summer coat comes through - he will be like a rhubarb and custard pony, nom nom. He will actually be yummy :eek: ;)

I'm hoping we can get out there this season with a hope of doing well :D. Will wait and go for the bright pink then *mutters about a clashing yellow pony*

I'll make sure I get some pics of him all rhubarb and custard ponying :p

Well done, love the yellow pony, and your hat!! NOM x

Thanks I wanted the silver one really but I quite like the pink now :cool:

Tr0uble

Visit site
It was great to meet you and the almost yellow one!

And please, don't feel outclassed by the 'serious looking showjumpers' there...I watched them unload, yanking and swearing and calling the poor horses 'vile' then watched them haul and heave them over warm up fences, throwing full weight onto the reins to force poor thing to a dead stop a stride after the fence. Then watched the most horrific round that was just spur digging and rein pulling. I've never wanted to see anyone fall off more! Poor poor horses is all I was thinking...and that a shiny hat and a sign written jacket does not a good rider make!!!!!

Was a lovely contrast to see you and your super po ping round like you were both enjoying it!

Tr0uble

Visit site
Hehe...and if anyone cares, I'm in three of the pics! I'm the very blonde person in a navy coat

( looking very serious as I try to work out if that person is Dafthoss from HHO)!!!

dafthoss

Visit site
Wow he looks great! You've done such a great job with him. I love yellow ponies as a matter of course but this one is particularly special :)

Well done, be proud!

Thank you. Yellow pony is very speshul in many ways ;). He's not bad for my little bargin pony that was seriously doubted when I got him.

Out of interest, where were you jumping? He looks fab and the mad mane is just amazing! I would agree with NM and say hot pink, baby pink will wash his colour out ;-)

We were at long drove, very nice place if you havnt been there before. The mad mane does have reasons its actually semi pulled so I can plait it for dressage and eventing but it is still acceptable in a M&M class.

It was great to meet you and the almost yellow one!

And please, don't feel outclassed by the 'serious looking showjumpers' there...I watched them unload, yanking and swearing and calling the poor horses 'vile' then watched them haul and heave them over warm up fences, throwing full weight onto the reins to force poor thing to a dead stop a stride after the fence. Then watched the most horrific round that was just spur digging and rein pulling. I've never wanted to see anyone fall off more! Poor poor horses is all I was thinking...and that a shiny hat and a sign written jacket does not a good rider make!!!!!

Was a lovely contrast to see you and your super po ping round like you were both enjoying it!

:eek: Wow thanks! I didnt see much of them they just looked bemused when I arrived on the pony. We wernt on true form as I was slightly worried about him not being as forward as normal but he seemed happy enough jumping. Was lovely to meet you but we need to meet baby rhino next time to :D.

JFTDWS

Visit site
hey you waited till I was offline last night to post a report :mad: so not pleased :mad:

I love the photos - he looks super :D I do love the dude!

I defo think hot pink though - he'll look fab :D

dafthoss

Visit site
They weren't bemused, they were put out because no one was impressed with their display!

Oh were they not getting the attention they wanted? I did over hear some conversations about that will teach him :eek:. But having looked at the photos on the website it looks like some very dodgey rounds :eek:.

hey you waited till I was offline last night to post a report :mad: so not pleased :mad:

I love the photos - he looks super :D I do love the dude!

I defo think hot pink though - he'll look fab :D

Ah sorry :p
I was impressed with the photos actually apart from my concentration face in all of them :eek::eek:. I have my eye on another colour as well now :D I think it will suit him when he is yellow again.