Eira

Visit site
frown.gif

How terrible
mad.gif

Daffodil

Visit site
What's happening in this country?

Is this a new trend or something that's been going on before but we're now more aware of it as a result of recent publicity.

caramac

Visit site
It is so, so sad and makes me terribly depressed. But how can they get away with it. I guess they must do it in the middle of the night, because lets face it dumping a dead horse isn't quite the same as disposing of the body of a cat or a dog is it? They must have had to get them there in a lorry and it would need more than one person. I really despair and hate what is happening to this country and the way people behave.

SSM

Visit site
It is disgusting, but also beyond me that the RSPCA cannot immediatley comment on the condition of the animal, even a dead one unless decomposed will show either a covering of lard over the body or emaciation - and from that photo I would suggest the latter.

vennessa

Visit site
It goes on more than people think. Cases do not always make the news.
We got a phone call to a horse in a ditch a few months ago. It was just up the road from our horse sanctuary. From the description i thought it was Basil - currently ill with Salmonella.
I checked going past our field and checked they were all there, and they were.
When we got to the location we found a dead foal. I thought it was a stuck horse we had been called to. It was a horrible shock.
The lack of interest and 'What do you want us to do about it' was unbeleivable.
It was a coloured foal so i took photo's to draw a description - i was going to do something about it! The photo's were not showable without causing distress!
We did manage to convince the local authorities they needed to remove it.
There is a charge to have an equines body removed, that is why they are dumped.
We did find out who had done it also, the same people who had one surviveing horse out of around 300 some years earlier. The horse that survived was the one we took in!
Many emaciated horses in one place is more common than you would think.

vennessa

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It is disgusting, but also beyond me that the RSPCA cannot immediatley comment on the condition of the animal, even a dead one unless decomposed will show either a covering of lard over the body or emaciation - and from that photo I would suggest the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]
We called the R.S.P.C.A. Their response was 'It is dead and not suffering'.
I did persuade an officer to call out but that was it. I agree with if you can tell if it is emaciated. The foal we went out to was underweight.
The R.S.P.C.A. said there was no aparant injury. We tracked the person down. The foal had broken its leg travelling so their was an injury, and how did it die?
Did the people get prosecuted? The work we did meant nothing!

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Silver _Florin that story is awful but yet doesn't surprise me in the slightest at all, sadly
frown.gif

I would never deal with the organisation you have listed ever again ( have in the past, very long time ago). Any concerns I may have get forwarded onto the ILPH but even so my experience with them is that there can be a blase attitude at times. I don't know whether it is due to the sheer volume of reports that the inspectors have to deal with or whether after a time some become 'hardened' or desensitised to it, I just don't know?
For me personally though when someone stops actually caring about an animal/case and no longer 'feels' anything then they should no longer be in that job of helping to protect animals from cruelty or neglect.
I am not saying that these people should be blubbering wrecks and too emotionally involved that it prevents them from doing their job, but I do think in some cases people involved in that line of work should show a little more compassion at times.
Anyway sorry didn't mean to waffle there it's just that I can get very wound up over things like this and the frustration of not being able to do anything personally to help those afflicted animals as you can sometimes feel rather like you are banging one's head against a wall since we have tied hands and are all pretty much reliant on the competence of another individual or organisation to act in cases of neglect and cruelty.
The story that the OP has posted though is appalling and I truly hope that the sick ba****** responsible are caught and punished but sadly I very much doubt that
frown.gif

Caroline

onceuponatime

Visit site
Have to say - I witnessed a case (some years ago now) which involved three horses. I too contacted both parties mentioned above - but to no avail. They did nothing - and for that reason alone I would not support either of them!

simsav

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It goes on more than people think. Cases do not always make the news.
We got a phone call to a horse in a ditch a few months ago. It was just up the road from our horse sanctuary. From the description i thought it was Basil - currently ill with Salmonella.
I checked going past our field and checked they were all there, and they were.
When we got to the location we found a dead foal. I thought it was a stuck horse we had been called to. It was a horrible shock.
The lack of interest and 'What do you want us to do about it' was unbeleivable.
It was a coloured foal so i took photo's to draw a description - i was going to do something about it! The photo's were not showable without causing distress!
We did manage to convince the local authorities they needed to remove it.
There is a charge to have an equines body removed, that is why they are dumped.
We did find out who had done it also, the same people who had one surviveing horse out of around 300 some years earlier. The horse that survived was the one we took in!
Many emaciated horses in one place is more common than you would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish there were more people like u in the world

miss_bird

Visit site
words fail me, why do these people have horses if they cant afford feed, vets, farriers etc,
like everyone else i struggle sometimes to keep my tribe but i just go without something myself to supply the horses with what they need.
how can anyone be so heartless