Yet another rug post...

Mellymoo1

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone can suggest some rugs I can buy for my boy... Hes 17hh, fairly chunky with big shoulders. I'm struggling to find some reasonably priced good quality rugs that fit him well. He's kind of in between 6'9 and 7'0 which also doesnt help!!

I need the following:
1 x LW turnout (current one doesnt fit well)
1 x MW Turnout
1 x MW Stable Rug
1 x HW Turnout
1 x HW Stable Rug

I was thinking of going for the Premier Equine HW Turnout, but I don't know whether to try the 6'9 or 7'0, does anyone know whether they are genorously cut?

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!!

Stasha22

Visit site
I would go for either Horseware, Mark Todd or Fal. All very well made and mine have lasted for ages. I think Fal would be particularly good on a big horse but they are a little more expensive than other makes.

Never used Premier Equine so can't help with sizes.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Fal do an economy range 'Slumberdown'. I've used a MW stable rug and have a HW TO rug.

They have gussetted shoulders and so are ideal for the bigger horse.

Also would recommend the Mark Todd rugs for the same reason.

Claireg9

Visit site
Fal are brilliant and if you want the cheaper range go for there Slumberdown rugs, there brilliant, wde shoulders and cut is pretty spot on. Id say go for 7'0" its better that there a bit long on the bum than pinching and pulling round the neck!

Parkranger

Visit site
Hi - I brought the premier equine HW and personally think it's just as good as the rambo type rugs. It's also dual purpose so can be kept on indoors and cheap!

The only problem is theyv'e completely sold out now I believe, but you may be lucky as your boy is quite big. 6'3" seems to be the nightmare size to buy!

I also brought their good quality fleece as I figured that although he's got stable rugs, its good to go under other rugs and for if he gets hot when exercising.....

Equine Clearance had some lw turnouts in bright turqoise for £20. I got one for Ty and although it's ok, it would be better on a chunkier horse so check out the web x

Governor

Visit site
Almost all of Governors rugs are Mark Todd - he's a reasonably wide, big shouldered dutch warmblood and almost all fit very well.

I've got a Mark Todd Heavyweight turnout. I got it in the spring sale and its coming up for its third season now and its in great condition. I'll probably get the neck rug for it this year. I have the lightweight too which is also in great condition and fits well.

I had the Mark Todd heavyweight stable rug too - but it didn't fit my lad as well as most of the Mark Todd range do. I have the medium weight and thats also going strong and a good fit.

SSM

Visit site
My girl is quite well endowed at the front!!!!! and she is out in an Amigo LW at the moment, she will then move up to her inherited Rambo XL MW & HW rugs when clipped. I cannot fault the Rambo rugs - wonderful! For her stable rugs she is an Aerborn bought in the factory sale!

JessPickle

Visit site
I have a large 17.1 (ish) cyclesdale x he had very large shoulders and I have the following rugs
The rugs that fit him are

fal
mark todd
"the hunt range" not sure of stockists!

Would highly reccommend mark todd rugs fit all the heavier horses at our yard a highland and my horse they fit perfectly