Yey! We have progress...

_jetset_

Visit site
I lunged Grace this morning and she was being a complete nightmare! She has never been in the school when the gelding has been in the field next to it so all she was doing was shouting to him and stopping whenever she went near him and shying into the middle.

Anyway, my husband came down and I thought, "Sod it, I'm going to get on!"

So on I got, only on the lunge, and after a few circles walking... WE TROTTED! And what a trot that mare has! It's so bouncy and flowing, I am getting all excited again about her potential as a dressage horse. The paces are there, so it's now a matter of channeling it.

Next week I have my instructor coming to do a few 30 mins sessions with her to help me, and I feel so proud to be able to say I got back on after her rodeo act and actually had the guts to trot her. I feel on top of the world right now, so proud of me and her!

Steering leaves a lot to the imagination, but it's a start!

_jetset_

Visit site
He he... I wanted a project though! I find it so much more satisfying that just getting on and riding. I feel i am learning a lot with this mare, and I have only had her a week!

tw1nn1ejo

Visit site
Wow that is fab news! You must be chuffed
laugh.gif
Good luck in the futur
smile.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
Well done you - you have every right to be chuffed with yourself.
smile.gif
Hopefully she is just adjusting to the new surroundings and will soon be putty in your hands!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks welshiesrock... It's taken her a week to settle to a certain extent, although she is still settling, but today has lifted my spirits a lot!

Iestyn

Visit site
Excellent - you have a challenge, but you will learn sooo much! What bit do you have in her? Have you thought about a full cheek? It'll help with the steering at this stage.
laugh.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I have a Nueue Schule in her at the moment... and also have a Myler on stand by too. She was backed in a french link... It's a possibility if the steering doesn't come. I think she does know a bit but is a bit stubborn.

S_N

Visit site
You really did find yourself a project eh! This will stand you in super stead for your own baby!!

Edited to say - Not your baby - Hannah's
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Iestyn

Visit site
Is the Neue Schule the one with a lozenge? I have a loose ring kk version with a lozenge - fab bit. A double jointed bit is excellent for youngsters as it gives them something to play with.

_jetset_

Visit site
Yes it has a lozenge... she seems to quite like it and started mouthing on it pretty much straight away. Her brakes are good, but her steering is the main issue, he he! Oh well, we'll just have to go everywhere in straight lines, LOL!

I am just so pleased with her reaction to trotting with someone on her back, couldn't have asked for anything more really. Just need to get my instructor sorted now so that we can get to a certain point before winter turnout starts (day in, day out) then I can at least work her on her in days.