You know it's COLD when............

Saucisson

Visit site
..........the inside school is frozen?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

Just been up to ride my oversized labrador and found the inside school all lumpy and hard...........well...........frozen.

Even Mr Pro "Nobody's gonna call me Fluffy" Showjumper at the yard hasn't done anything with his horses so it's not just me being over sensitive.

So, cheer me up everybody, how cold is it round your way?

(no doubt some hard ass Canadian will now come up with a story about their eyeballs being frozen in their sockets or suchlike and make me feel like a proper wimp :D)

MissSBird

Visit site
My water pump and pipes are frozen solid, forcing me to beg water for the neds from the neighbours and get bottled water from the shops - 1 1/2 miles away and I don't have a car! Oh, and I don't speak the same language as any of the neighbours, and have no personal hygene facilities either.

It would freeze the week I agree to horse sit in the Netherlands :(

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The girl next door hosed her pony's legs :eek: and the feathers froze immediately in big spikes!

The water wouldn't drain in the kitchen waste pipe because it was frozen underneath. :(

sychnant

Visit site
I knew it was cold last winter when all our water froze. No baths, showers or even a wash. Trekking down a STEEP hill to the stream to fill water buckets and troughs for 4 horses. Melting snow in buckets on top of the oil burner so we could have tea and coffee. This lasted a MONTH...

This winter is tropical in comparison :)

Fools Motto

Visit site
I know its cold when
My OH came home yesterday from work, (he has a motorbike with heated hand grips) and grabbed my hands wanting ME to put MY hands down his trousers... (I guess, everything other than his hands get cold) his 'plums' were cold - he said... :eek::eek::eek: Talk about 'hi darling, how was your day?'!! I was so shocked at this, I never did get to test 'his temperature'! ;););)

Today... obviously he was warmer! :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol

Pocket_Rocket

Visit site
When you go to chop the carrots and they are frozen solid :eek: although this hasn't happened yet!! Oh and when you muck out and the horse muck is frozen! Does make mucking out a lot easier though as the poo doesn't break into little bits! :)

And of course when the taps freeze over and no amount of boiling water is going to defrost them! End up having to cart around containers of water from home. And when the yard has become an ice rink because the YO is too tight to get any salt/grit. God I hate winter! :mad:

Fantasy_World

Visit site
I know its cold when
My OH came home yesterday from work, (he has a motorbike with heated hand grips) and grabbed my hands wanting ME to put MY hands down his trousers... (I guess, everything other than his hands get cold) his 'plums' were cold - he said... :eek::eek::eek: Talk about 'hi darling, how was your day?'!! I was so shocked at this, I never did get to test 'his temperature'! ;););)

Today... obviously he was warmer! :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol

This made me chuckle lol :)

leah_x

Visit site
We had a horse last year that had the runs BAD. And we went into work one day to find frozen poo icicles hanging from his bum. Poor sod, can't imagine that was comfortable!

crabbymare

Visit site
Its cold when you pump water out of the cellar for the horses because all the taps are unusable, its cold when you need to defrost their water 5 times a day, its cold when you rip off the top of your finger nail and cannot feel any pain, its cold when the garage doors will not open because they are iced in, its cold when despite 2 pairs of heat holders socks and insulated boots you cannot feel your feet, its cold when you put the milk in the fridge to keep it warm enough to use. Its cold now :(

Saucisson

Visit site
grabbed my hands wanting ME to put MY hands down his trousers... (I guess, everything other than his hands get cold) his 'plums' were cold - he said... :eek::eek::eek:

We had a horse last year that had the runs BAD. And we went into work one day to find frozen poo icicles hanging from his bum. Poor sod, can't imagine that was comfortable!

Hmmmm, Ice Plums and Poosickle, could these be the latest Ben & Jerry's ice-cream flavours? :D

When you trap your finger shutting the gate and it still hurts 5 hours later,

Or as tomorrow is going to be even colder, trapping your finger in the gate and not even knowing about it until it's thawed out 5 hours later :(

Alexart

Visit site
When the loo freezes over as do all the taps/shower, bar the kitchen tap, which you then spend the day trekking in and out water for 14 gg's, which it did last winter when it dropped to -20! When the shampoo is so solid you have to break off chunks, when you get a layer of frost on the top of the duvet, and when you can't see out of the windows because of the, very pretty!, ice curtain on the inside of the windows!! And when I end up with 15 cats on my bed!!!:D

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
When the loo freezes over as do all the taps/shower, bar the kitchen tap, which you then spend the day trekking in and out water for 14 gg's, which it did last winter when it dropped to -20! When the shampoo is so solid you have to break off chunks, when you get a layer of frost on the top of the duvet, and when you can't see out of the windows because of the, very pretty!, ice curtain on the inside of the windows!! And when I end up with 15 cats on my bed!!!:D

Christ, where do you guys live?! I mus be very fortunate in having central heating! I confess, I simply would not survive without huge hot bath and an electric blanket.

SuperCoblet

Visit site
When you split 4 (massive and expensive) flexable water buckets (and forgetting about the previous one!) because you kicked them to break the ice!! Have now spent loads on those tyre ones!!
When your cobs moustache has iceicals hanging off it!
When you find a puddle of frozen pee on the grass-and almost slip in it!!
When you have to take an axe up the feld to break through the inches of ice in the water trough.
When you go out into the village looking like the michillen man you've got that many layers on
When even your cob is in a heavy weight rug!
When your cob gives you a funny look of depression when you take his nice warm rug off to lunge

:)

Fransurrey

Visit site
I've found a block of ice shrunk away from the sides of the trough more than once in recent years and a layer of frost on the ponies' backs.

Last night I had a kitty hat. Having given up fighting for the pillow, I put a second one in front of 'his' and put my head on that. As he sprawls out, I end up with fluff all around my head and paws around my neck. Lovely! Kitty #2 doesn't like kitty #1, so slept next to me on top of, rather than under the duvet. Don't know how other half copes - it's a king size bed... :D