You know its cold when...

dressagelove

Visit site
You have to take a break from mucking out every 5 minutes to stick your hands under your horses rug just to get feeling back into them....!

Poos done outside are frozen to the floor and you have to prise them off....!

You have to use water from the emergency outside trough to fill buckets because all the taps are frozen....!

You go!

Clodagh

Visit site
Got back from hacking this morning and had to dismount onto the mounting block as feet were too cold to hit the floor.
Only hacked out on the gritted bus route, so not too much ice.

Clodagh

Visit site
I went to the yard looking like the michelin man and after 6 stables I had steam shooting out from under my coat when I moved my arms! SEXY!!

JustKickOn

Visit site
You go to the yard looking like the Michelin man

YES!! :D :D
I had on today... Thermal base layer, t-shirt, jumper, thick coat and super thick and quilted horseware gilet. Ear warmer and a scarf plus thermal tights and my jeans! :eek: :D

You know it's cold when...
The horse that usually hates being inside wanted to come into her night time field shelter.

There is ice 2 inches thick in the troughs.

You hear it is snowing just a few miles away, and you're praying it doesn't come this way!

pansy

Visit site
Dressagelove - You have to use water from the emergency outside trough to fill buckets because all the taps are frozen

What emergency outside trough - It normally takes a couple of mins to defrost tap - then have water - had to go home & fetch some today , everything was frozen :-(

Lego

Visit site
...when the sugarbeet you put on to soak in the morning is frozen round the edges when you make afternoon feeds!

RainbowDash

Visit site
When ponyboy comes to call. And brings the rest of the herd with him.

When you can't feel your toes despite two pairs of thermal socks and thermal muckers.

:)

Luci07

Visit site
when a truly hot bath takes on an almost mythical status and my heated electric blanket calls me to bed more loudly than even Daniel Craig could!

kerrieberry2

Visit site
when someone else uses all the water in your water carrier, so you have to kick buckets of frozen water to fill the kettles, to poor over the tap to defrost it, to get more water, to make their feeds that have to be soaked before feeding!

luckily I had the day off for the farrier today, would have been well annoyed if that was before work!

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
when the yard toilets pipes have frozen so you have to 'flush' with a bucket of water which is taken from your supply in your barn as the taps are frozen too.

and when the water buckets in the stables have a thin layer of ice :mad:

Burmilla

Visit site
When the whippet climbs into bed to join you and the cat beneath two duvets a cover and a medium weight stable rug and you dont make her get out. You then have three heads in a line on the pillows: yours, the cat and the dog. In the morning you dont want to get out of bed as whippets make the best hot water bottles ever, and cats make excellent neck wraps.

Queenbee

Visit site
Your whippet looks like this...
544022_526237197386660_584518372_n.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Adopter

Visit site
The ponies black patches have turned white with frost, they looked as if someone had tipped icing sugar all over them this morning!

Every where was so white and pretty, just had to stop and look and forget frozen pipes etc.