You know its hot when....

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
A just washed rug dries in the garden in under 5 minutes! :eek:

2 usually hyperactive ponies are perculiarly lethargic and are dosing with the noses in the water trough, touching the surface of the water. :confused:

you suddenly find yourself washing all your bandages, pads, numnahs etc. and once again they are dry in the space of 5 minutes.... :cool:

So the, just for fun howsabout you? :)

HardySoul1

Visit site
When you take your very fit pony for a slow short hack and it's soaking wet under the numnah and girth when you get back. And the inside of your hat is unspeakably grim.

Feathered

Visit site
Yep! I hung 2 saddlecloths on the line today and they were dry in about 10 minutes, also sat outside cleaning my tack as the pony is having a day off cos we have dressage tomorrow.

BBQ for tea and the obligatory cider is going down nicely... Just a shame about the forecast for the next few days :(

JFTDWS

Visit site
I am being seen in public in shorts and last night the pony was dripping after about 10 minutes warm up, and properly drowning in sweat when we finished. And I wasn't much better :eek:

Today, screw it, I'll work him late this evening instead!

I'm going to assume this isn't a mis-order from Ann Summers..

*snorts* :D

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
when Tiny Fuzzy stands still for the hose to be run over her :D (as per half an hour ago)

She is an ardent hose hater & usually bogs off with me or a tie-ring attached on the rare moments I get the hose near her :D

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Crikey, how hot is it?

When it hits anything above 30C I am to be found indoors with the a/c on full blast :)

NW Surrey - my car was reading a steady 29 outside when going to the yard at 6.30pm tonight :eek: Dropped by a healthy 2 degrees on the way back at 7.30 :)

Enfys - I think its because its so humid with it (round here) so glad the aircon at work & the car is working, might be tempted to sleep in the car tonight....:D

Silmarillion

Visit site
when you take your horse for a ride in the woods, for the first time in the last eight months you've had him he spends the entire ride huffing and puffing not because he's spotted killer deer, but because walking so darned slow is too much effort in the heat! Some days he passages round the woods - today he could hardly lift his legs!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
I live in Dorset...anybody else from around here? no idea what temperature it was but begging that it won't be this hot on my Duke of Edinburgh ride in 2 weeks

Chavhorse

Visit site
when Tiny Fuzzy stands still for the hose to be run over her :D (as per half an hour ago)

She is an ardent hose hater & usually bogs off with me or a tie-ring attached on the rare moments I get the hose near her :D

Yep my cob mare stood lip drooping grunting as I hosed her down and shampooed her, even stood still and did not raise the obligatory hind leg in warning as I washed her teats and my chap who normally if you turn a hose on him reacts as if you have poured acid over him only tried to climb the muck heap once then gave in.

Enfys

Visit site
Enfys - I think its because its so humid with it (round here) so glad the aircon at work & the car is working, might be tempted to sleep in the car tonight....:D

It is the humidity that does it for me too, some days it is like walking outside into a sauna :(

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Yep my cob mare stood lip drooping grunting as I hosed her down and shampooed her, even stood still and did not raise the obligatory hind leg in warning as I washed her teats and my chap who normally if you turn a hose on him reacts as if you have poured acid over him only tried to climb the muck heap once then gave in.

Only the once? :D

Still hot & muggy, could really do with a storm to clear the air :rolleyes: :eek:
Looks like the fan will be on tonight to cool bedroom down.....