You know those not very good insurers..? (mentioning no names)

Sal_E

Visit site
Please don't anyone mention the name of the renowned 'not very good insurers', as I don't want to get anyone in trouble...

BUT, although I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole for my horse (too many variables), they do seem to offer pretty competitive trailer insurance. Obviously it's a bit more black & white as there's potetially less to go wrong - if it's stolen, it's stolen.

SO, would you recommend insuring your trailer with them for the sake of saving 20 odd quid?

K27

Visit site
There are 2 ins companies that i wont mention that I know to steer clear of!!

I recommend SEIB for horse insurance and BEIB are good for horsebox/trailer insurance...

icestationzebra

Visit site
Definately not - they don't like paying out for horse claims so won't be any different should you need to make a claim for your trailer.

Who do you insure your horse with - worth giving them a call - or try KBIS.

Nadia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There are 2 ins companies that i wont mention that I know to steer clear of!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only think of one....

PM me? i need to sort insurance for new horsey and am worried now!
confused.gif

lillie07

Visit site
If they are a certain company with flyers most weeks in H&H then no I would'nt- its not worth insuring at all if you insure with a company who have to be taken to court to pay out. You would be better off puting that money in a pot each month and using it should anything happen. South Essex are very good for trailer/ lorry insurance
smile.gif

SpruceRI

Visit site
With regard to the insurers you're talking about. Consider this: years ago a friend bought a very good condition 2nd hand trailer for £1500. Had photos of it, receipts, properly secured it and was in a locked yard etc.

It was pinched. She'd had it about 2 months.

The most this insurer would pay out for it was £550, they said due to depreciation, and even then it took my friend 6 months and a hundred phone calls to get the money.

OK, this was years ago - they may have changed, but I guess not due to other comments heard along the way

L

lilym

don't touch them!!!! i won't mention names but i know who you mean
wink.gif
tongue.gif
i use SEIB well worth the extra few pounds for thier trailer insurance!