You know you are horsey when...

dressagelove

Visit site
There are things that just means you are horsey, you know what I mean? I thought of a few today that I always think:

-You think your horse's feed looks and smells so good that you want to try it!

-It is satisfying and feels good to have dirty hands after being with the horses (just me?!)

-You ALWAYS have black fingernails...

-You bury your face in your horses mane and take a good sniff, cos they just smell so good, non horsey people think they stink! :)

-You don't mind messing with horse poop, its the nicest kind of poop!

There are probs loads more, what are yours??

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
when people do not recognise you when you are:
-clean
-minus straw/hay in hair
-not covered in mud/ green slobber/ sweat/ sand
-wearing hat/jods/ other yard clothes
-smelly
- look vaguely socially acceptable

Luci07

Visit site
I agree with the people not recognising you when you look normal! I also love the smell of warm horse too....

How about nearly always running late for social stuff due to animals, and not able to understand people who have to FIND things to do at the weekend when you never have any spare time

Also - no longer going for the hangover from hell. It's not funny to le 1-2 precious free days feeling ill.!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
When you start calling housework "mucking out"....

When you have to wade through wellies, muckers, coats, gloves.... just to get to the front door.

When you start commenting on quality of leatherwork on the high street, when shopping with friends.

In fact, friends don't invite you anywhere because you always turn up in muddy clobber and smell of mud.

Your hair-style is... actually, WHAT HAIRSTYLE????? Hair - in winter, lives under a permanent hat.

TheoryX1

Visit site
When you drive past a filled up skip at the side of the road and worry about your car spooking.

Ditto Asda carrier bags in the gutter.

Having three wardrobes - work, casual/going out and horsey. The horsey wardrobe is the biggest.

All the telephone numbers on your mobile are mainly horsey people/friends/contacts/farrier/vets etc.

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
- when people are shocked to see you out of jods :p or something connected to the horses
-your horse gets new shoes more often than you do.
-every time you drive past a road works you think what nice jumps the barricades would make.
-you consider a golf course as a waste of good pasture land.
-your friends no longer ask to get together after school/work or on a weekend because they know you'll say, "I can't, I have to ride."
-your boyfriend complains that you love your horse more than you love him and you say: "And your point is..?"
-someone does something nice for you and you pat them on the neck and say 'good boy'. ...you try to get by someone is a restricted space and instead of saying "excuse me" to him/her, you cluck at them instead.
-you show up for an appointment in your good clothes and when you get there people reach across the table to pick alfalfa out of your hair.
-no one wants to ride in your car because they'll get sweet feed and hay in their socks and on their clothes...but that's ok because you'll have to rearrange all the tack to make room for them anyway!
-you look at all the piles of laundry sitting next to your washing machine and most of them are breeches, horse blankets, saddle pads, etc.... but you don't even care about the horsey hair residue that will be left in your washer and dryer.
-you say "whoa" to the dog.
-someone asks for a screwdriver and you hand them a hoof pick.
.-you clean tack after every ride but you never, ever, wash the truck.
-on rainy days, you organize the tack room, not the house.
-you can remember worming schedules, lessons, and farrier visits in your head, but often forget your class schedule, household chores, and meals.
-you are unreasonably pleased to get a horse item, ANY horse item, as a gift.
-books and movies are ruined for you if horsemanship references aren't correct.

bumblelion

Visit site
You favour getting covered in hair, getting your horse clipped, than visiting the hairdresser yourself! When your horse has a fuller and better wardrobe than yourself, including boots! When your mother comes to visit and the first thing she does is Hoover the hay, straw from the carpets and Hoover you whilst she's at it!!

Jackson

Visit site
When you find it acceptable to find pieces of straw and hay in your own bed.

When you watch any programme involving animals, you instantly pick up on all of the inaccuracies, a main one being trotting clipclop noises for a cantering horse and vice versa, and start explaining to your fellow viewers why it is so wrong, and how the producers were evidently so stupid.

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
When you find it acceptable to find pieces of straw and hay in your own bed.

When you watch any programme involving animals, you instantly pick up on all of the inaccuracies, a main one being trotting clipclop noises for a cantering horse and vice versa, and start explaining to your fellow viewers why it is so wrong, and how the producers were evidently so stupid.

Haha, at least my OH knows I can't have an affair! The 'non barking dog' on TV also annoys me!

When your horse has better teeth/insides that work than you, as it has private dental and medical care.

You consider the construction of your day around horses- including avoiding taking jobs/engagements that might interrupt this.

Getting far too over excited about seeing a horse, in a horse-specific event, on TV, as there's never any on!

When you start to refer to your horses in the same way other people talk about their children

Lexie81

Visit site
When you click at your child\husband\friends to chivvy them along. Drives mine mad!
When its perfectly acceptable to spend the entire 6 weeks summer break in Jodhpurs and your husband then doesn't recognise you in septemer in your work clothes!

Feathered

Visit site
Oh I have another one! When discussing Xmas presents at work, everyone else seems to want GHD hair straighteners, or smelliest and the like, whereas I'm chuffed to get wellies and a wheelbarrow!

I also do the patting the car thing too, I had to go off road the other day to get round a parked lorry, my car got lots of pats and praise "aren't you such a good little car!"

ClassicG&T

Visit site
When your friends give up asking you to go out as your either at the horse or competing.

When most the storage space on your laptop is of horsey events.

You would rather have a new tweed coat than a new dress.

Your delighted with a thick long pair of socks.

The favourite website saved on your computer is horseandhound.co.uk

Jackson

Visit site
When you're walking the dog and you notice what leg they are on as they run.

When you analise your cats movement, and comment to your mysified non horsey friend that they would make an excellent dressage beast.

When you fall off and choose to climb back on even though you are bleeding and or have other damage going on because sorting your horse out is more important!

When you see people wearing fake horse clothes and feel horrified that people are using your every day yard wear for fashion purposes!

When you scrub your horses bit with your own toothbrush!!!

Piglet

Visit site
When you are always getting into work with seconds to spare due to having to muck out horse in winter and fly spraying and checking GG in summer.

When you look in your wardrobe and realize you have lots of horse clothes you bought recently but no recently bought social clothes.

When you don't bat an eye lid at paying £78 for a new set of shoes for GG every 6 weeks, but wince at paying £xx for a pair of shoes and £xx for a new outfit for a social function!!