You know your life is sad when....

lurcherlu

Visit site
You're excited about your linseed delivery ...... Actually am excited and have tracked my order be here today or tomorrow , not used micronised linseed before and have a 4 year old barefoot horse that is crap at keeping weight on in winter so looking forward to starting her on this , hopeful,y will improve her itchy coat too :)

LittleGinger

Visit site
Haha! I've never used it but have heard great things about it - I hope it works for your mare :)

My Country and Stable order arrived this morning. I'd ordered it last week but they had a few issues with some of the things I wanted, so I wasn't really expecting it to arrive for another few days/had actually forgotten about it. Opened the door to the postman, saw the two large 'Country and Stable' boxes in his arms and squealed at him. Poor guy!

niagaraduval

Visit site
I understand you completely !!

I have put in an order with Robinson's and hopefully it should arrive today or tomorrow.

I bought a new stable rug for this winter, a likit lick for his toy (he's never had one yet) and rail fixings so he can have a slip rail on his door instead of it being closed all the time. I think he will like all his presents.

I haven't used Robinson's in years because of such bad memories, I've decided to give them another chance though, so let's see.

Equi

Visit site
You're excited about your linseed delivery ...... Actually am excited and have tracked my order be here today or tomorrow , not used micronised linseed before and have a 4 year old barefoot horse that is crap at keeping weight on in winter so looking forward to starting her on this , hopeful,y will improve her itchy coat too :)

Its great fro coats. Hope you like it. I get excited about silly deliveries too lol

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Just don't do what I did when I was waiting for a delivery of bargain price rubber trugs and buckets: I rushed out to greet the courier struggling with the large box, inhaled deeply and squeaked excitedly "Ooooh excellent it's my rubber gear order". I'm not sure who was more embarrassed :(

Or the time I'd had some new knickers through the post and just had to try them on over my breeches. Then something happened to distract me and by the time I remembered I was wearing them I was out on the yard . . .

lurcherlu

Visit site
you know when your life is sad when the highlight of your week is home delivery by tescos

Haha I had one once and the delivery driver was so rude I nearly punched him.

I've used GJW Titmuss and its now with yodel waiting collection from a depot ahhhhhhhhhhh exciting ... Horse better eat it now ;)

Last edited:

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Haha I had one once and the delivery driver was so rude I nearly punched him.

I've used GJW Titmuss and its now with yodel waiting collection from a depot ahhhhhhhhhhh exciting ... Horse better eat it now ;)

I get mine from Tittmuss but they are only down the road from me so we collect, hope you get it soon its very good stuff just add a bit at a time to start but I find most horses like it.

WelshD

Visit site
I work for a company that sells feed and bits and bobs and I LOVE putting together orders and getting new catalogues and price lists - the novelty hasn't worn off yet!

Meems

Visit site

Yes, your life is officially sad! Although I'm sure, not as sad as mine!

Annagain

Visit site
Just don't do what I did when I was waiting for a delivery of bargain price rubber trugs and buckets: I rushed out to greet the courier struggling with the large box, inhaled deeply and squeaked excitedly "Ooooh excellent it's my rubber gear order". I'm not sure who was more embarrassed :(

Or the time I'd had some new knickers through the post and just had to try them on over my breeches. Then something happened to distract me and by the time I remembered I was wearing them I was out on the yard . . .

My friends and I went on a spa weekend. We all put our swimming costumes on in our rooms and went down to the spa in our robes, taking our clothes with us. One of the girls - known for being particularly scatty - got half way and realised she'd forgotten her underwear so went back to get it while we made our way down. The other four of us were in the jacuzzi having a good natter when in walked our friend in her beautiful new swimming costume....complete with a pink bra and red knickers over the top of it. She'd decided to put them on to walk down as she didn't have a bag and didn't want them to be seen and in the 3 minutes it took her to get from the room to the spa, she'd completely forgotten about them! I'm not sure who was more embarrassed, my friend or the poor 17 year old boy who was cleaning around the pool! The rest of us of course helped to ease this embarrasment by howling laughing for about 20 minutes!

vam

Visit site
Love ordering things and getting them delivered but as im out all day i always miss them and have to go and collect as i cant get them delivered to work. The best one was getting to back tyres delivered to me when i was at my old job, that was intresting look from the courier guy, especially as i was working for a different courier at the time.
Anyone miss having catalogues? I used to love getting the Derby House one (when it was full posh things before it when chavvy, same with Robinsons) and would spend ages filcking through it wondering what i caould have and then send the order off in the post.
Still get the Premier Equine one (when did their rugs get so expensive?!) and as much as i like the ease of shopping on the net i miss having a catalogue to flick through.

kez81

Visit site
Lol, linseed is fan for keeping a bit of condition on. Grass nuts are good too. In my case I realized how sad I am when my new rugs arrived today and I found myself wrapping up in them then being disappointed that they don't yet smell horsey!

happyclappy

Visit site
Linseed oil is fantastic stuff. That would be real excitement for me too, my life really is very sad at the moment. Can I have virtual hugs please?!

LittleGinger

Visit site
I got excited yesterday when we went to get more shavings (Missile's stable was a bit of a mess and we'd been away since Friday). I'm officially the saddest person I know...

You have a horse called Missile?! That's amazing. :D

Linseed oil is fantastic stuff. That would be real excitement for me too, my life really is very sad at the moment. Can I have virtual hugs please?!

Sending you massive hugs, happyclappy! Hope everything picks up soon x

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
I am admittedly, a sad person, but getting excited about shavings??? Really?!!!

Trust me, my life is currently a revolving circle of horses, cats and dogs. I actually get excited about trips away from the yard! Next week - more feed! Woohoo!

You have a horse called Missile?! That's amazing. :D

It's an apt name as he's a racehorse too :)

dreambigpony

Visit site
I absolutely love ordering things online! (my bank account doesn't though!!) I'm currently waiting for a new rug to arrive...already planning my next purchase!
I love going to feed shops and having a look round, I end up going round in circles looking at the same things. I'm sure the staff must think I'm a really odd person, but then maybe horse owners are just crazy!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I would love that! Any jobs going in the South? ;)

I got excited about buying a mini oven today the Aga has been broken on and off for a few weeks and I am sick of microwave dinners, I cooked meatballs and pasta on it tonight and it was great, was onlly £84 from Argos and I just love it so glad I bought it I even gave it a clean afterwards:)

I have no idea why I have commented on your post littleginger it has no connection but I have had a few glasses of wine lol!

Last edited: