You know you've really got a problem when ...

Cowpony

Visit site
...the vet's receptionist recognises your voice AND remembers your address! :(

When I said she had a good memory she said she didn't but I was such a regular customer.......:(:(:(

OK the pony's been broken for over a year now, but that was a bit of a shock. I think it's time I started sleeping with the vet instead :D

Fransurrey

Visit site
Horse vet doesn't know me from Adam, but cat vet asks me how the PhD is going, doesn't need to look me up when I phone and at one point recognised my voice when I phoned! I had such a bad run of luck. One with a kidney tumour (and therefore renal failure), then one with oral squamous cell carcinoma, then three months later one killed on the road. I've gone 9 months without a non routine visit (aside.from Metacam for the old git). Wooo!

iconique

Visit site
Unfortunately not only our vet but the assistants in the practice recognise our number and my voice! I know they think I'm nuts, but I've been proved right every time so far..... I'm sure my vet even smiles when he answers the phone in expectation of that 'interesting case'!!!

but then we do have 6 horses and have been with them for about 10 years!

MileAMinute

Visit site
Yes I empathise entirely! My horse vet thankfully doesn't know me all that well, but my small animal vet knows all about me, my family, my degree etc. She even gave me her mobile for emergencies. She was a rock when my elderly beagle was unwell and subsequently passed away and I will be forever grateful to her.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
Unfortunately our vets office staff all recognise my voice - partly due to my accent but mostly because old pony is notoriously difficult, especially when injections are involved. I think they all draw straws to choose who is coming to look at him! To be fair he has only broken one vet (so far) and then we had to phone and ask for another one.......

JFTDWS

Visit site
I had a week where I saw my vet EVERY night at 11pm for exactly the same problem. At the end of the week, I told him that I'd very much enjoyed the nights we had spent together, but I'd really appreciate a quiet night in and a bit of sleep tonight :D

He hasn't even called me since. I feel so used... ;)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Unfortunately not only our vet but the assistants in the practice recognise our number and my voice! I know they think I'm nuts, but I've been proved right every time so far..... I'm sure my vet even smiles when he answers the phone in expectation of that 'interesting case'!!!

but then we do have 6 horses and have been with them for about 10 years!

This with mine aswell :)

skint1

Visit site
When I ring my hay man and he asks 'Hallo, who's that?' I only have to say 'Not right in the head. Four horses.' and he knows exactly who I am.

hahaha that's brilliant! I think I could easily pull off a similar introduction myself!

My gelding's vet receptionist knows who I am but I moved my mare to a new practice a few months ago and it is quite awkward to know how to introduce/ask for a vet :)