Young dressage horse breeding... Advice please

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
Hi there

I was hoping for a bit of general advice/opinion regarding a potential youngster (rising 3yrs) purchase.

I have the opportunity to purchase one of the following 3 dressage bred youngsters and am interested to know based on their breeding which ones, if any, you would be drawn to. (Obviously I know that there are numerous other considerations surrounding the individual horses).

Swarovski X Jazz
Hotline X Sir Sinclair
Amour G X Samber

Spanner in the works, I also want to jump it :p - feel free to tell me I am mad!

What do you think guys??

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
Thanks really appreciate the response, yeah my research suggests that the Amour G is most likely to jump also. Only hesitation is that he will be 16hh max and the other 2 will make 16.2.

I think I am just tempted by the challenge of training one of the sickeningly pretty movers to jump as well! :)

ihatework

Visit site
What sort of level do you mean when you say jump?
What are your priorities for the horse you purchase

The Sir Sinclair damline also has some jumping genes in the pedigree.

Swarovski, being a Sandro *****, could potentially give you something that will jump too - there are quite a few *****s now doing a reasonable job out eventing. Not sure I'd be first in the queue for a SH son x Jazz if it was for me to ride though!

The Amour G x Samber is possibly the least commercial but potentially the most likely to do a duel-purpose role.

Your best bet is just to see them in the flesh and if they have any aptitude loose - not much more you can do really at rising 3, other than purchase jump lines if this is important to you!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I would say based on those pedigrees alone, the Amour g would be the best for a good dual purpose amateurs horse. The other two are likely to be more professional rides in terms of their sharpness, but obviously each horse is an individual

Alec Swan

Visit site
I know nothing of, and have no specific interest in horses which are bred for the discipline of Dressage. That said, as these youngsters are now rising 3 years, I suspect that the very last thing that i would be considering would be their breeding. Rather, I'd be looking at the animal, considering how it moves, and then I'd be taking someone like Volatis, by the hand, I'd show them the youngsters, and then I'd ask them what they thought.

Those 3 year olds with the apparent potential which is visible, and to give us what we want, will be of far more use than those which on paper are the ideals, but in reality, aren't. Breeding means little, when it's stood up against reality, I'm sorry to tell you.

Alec.

NinjaPony

Visit site
I'm not an expert in any shape of form but I would suggest that anything with Jazz in the bloodlines will most likely be quite sharp, particularly if there is Sandro Hit as well.