YOUNG HORSE STOLEN....can you help?

Blizzard

Visit site
STOLEN

(This post is on behalf of my friend)

Chance was stolen from his stable between 6pm Saturday and 8am Sunday (22nd Oct). Possibly between 7pm and 8.30pm as a horsebox was seen outside the main gates to the yard (they came in through the side gate in the field.

He is approx 10 months old and 13hh(ish). We think his owner (who was being done for cruelty) found out where he was and decided to take him back. As he is a gypsy horse he could be anywhere by now.

If you could keep your eyes out and let me know of any local sales/acutions coming up near you I would be really grateful.

Chance's story:

A PONY seized by police after suspected ill-treatment has now gone missing from its new home.
Piebald 'Chance' was discovered running up and down Tadley High Street in a distressed state on August 22.
The pony, thought to be aged between 10 months and a year, required immediate veterinary attention and police suspected it had been ill-treated.
Hampshire Constabulary seized the pony under the Protection of Animals Act.
But just two months after the pony was rescued by police, it was stolen from a farm in Tadley.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the theft, which is thought to have happened between 5.30pm and 5.45pm on Sunday (October 22).
Pc Amie Padfield said: “These tragic events have shocked people within the horse community and I am appealing to members of the public for their assistance.
“The pony was given the nick-name ‘Chance’ by staff at the farm in Tadley where it was taken by police. Unfortunately horse and pony thefts do occur but Hampshire Constabulary deal robustly with all incidents.
She added: “It is possible that someone has seen him or knows who may have taken him. I am appealing for anyone who has any information that may help us find Chance to get in touch.”

If you have any information, send me a message and I can pass the information on or give you details for the Police Officer in charge.
9038.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

OWLIE185

Visit site
Just to remind you that if your horse is stolen the only way for people to identify it is if it is freezemarked. I always advise freezemarking on the shoulder so that the freezemark can be seen when the horse is under saddle.

A stolen freezemarked horse has a 99% chance of being identified and recovered where as an unmarked horse has less than 10% chance of being identified and recovered.

Blizzard

Visit site
Th lady who was caring for him, and rescued him, was the WPC officer procecuting his owner , couldnt have him freezemarked as he wasnt her horse, he was a rescue case, only rescued 2 months ago, so nothing could be done until his owner was taken to court, sadly with the horse bieng stolen (most likely by his owner) this may not happen.

Also his markings are very unique so we are hoping someone will see him.

Bri

Visit site
I hope you find him.
Probably already thought of it but Southall market? Is every wednesday (or used to be?). Might be worth checking?

Blizzard

Visit site
Thanks Beggardsgold, I will tell my friend, Im not from the area, Im in Co. durham so I dont know Tadley at all.

i just hope the poor boy is found, his owner had him in harness at 10 months! Galloping down the streets!
confused.gif

Bri

Visit site
Southall is in London - but is the only regular horse market I know of around here. Tadley is in Hampshire isn't it?

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Highly unlikely he is going to turn up at a market/fair/sale. He is a valuable (to the travellers) trotting horse, despite his young age, and if he's a colt they will use him to breed from. He's going to be stashed away somewhere private and remote I should think.