Young pigeon query ?

asmp

Visit site
A couple of days ago I noticed a young pigeon in my stable. He might have been there longer but horse isn’t using stable at the moment. I assume he has fallen out of the roof as the birds like to nest up there. He scoots around the floor but obviously can’t fly yet. Read somewhere that parents aren’t likely to be interested now he isn’t in the nest. I’ve left him some water and some soaked pony nuts (all I could think of). Can I help him anymore?

77CC9E10-C8E2-440F-8C77-AA7607AD262A.jpeg

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
A couple of days ago I noticed a young pigeon in my stable. He might have been there longer but horse isn’t using stable at the moment. I assume he has fallen out of the roof as the birds like to nest up there. He scoots around the floor but obviously can’t fly yet. Read somewhere that parents aren’t likely to be interested now he isn’t in the nest. I’ve left him some water and some soaked pony nuts (all I could think of). Can I help him anymore?

View attachment 76034
Has he eaten any of the pony nuts?
I am not an expert, but I think the parents actually regurgitate food when feeding their young. I am not suggesting you try that . He may be too young to feed on his own.
Now that I think of it, I have never actually seen an adult pigeon feed a baby in the wild.

asmp

Visit site
Has he eaten any of the pony nuts?
I am not an expert, but I think the parents actually regurgitate food when feeding their young. I am not suggesting you try that . He may be too young to feed on his own.
Now that I think of it, I have never actually seen an adult pigeon feed a baby in the wild.
Don’t think he has eaten any of the pony nuts. Read somewhere soaked dog biscuits but don’t have any of those so may try cat biscuits!

asmp

Visit site
He was still alive this morning. Really don’t fancy trying to syringe him as like birds from a distance but not too close. Perhaps his parents are feeding him.

The same day I found him, I drove out of the yard gate when I realised I was sharing the car with a bird. Turned out it was a robin! Opened the doors and he flew out (I had left the windows open at the yard). Did freak me out at first.

Griffin

Visit site
When I had a fledgling in my garden (they were knocked out if a tree in a storm), I gave them a safe place to sleep and often saw their parents feeding them. As long as only birds can get in the stable, it will probably be ok. My fledgling was able to fly after about a week and still visits my garden.

Kay Burton

Visit site

View attachment 76034

Try to look for the nest and return the chick there. You yourself cannot teach him to fly.

asmp

Visit site
Try to look for the nest and return the chick there. You yourself cannot teach him to fly.
Wouldn’t be able to do that as they get in through the broken boards in the roof of the stable. Can hear them in there but not see them. He’s still alive so assume they must be feeding him (her).

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
Wouldn’t be able to do that as they get in through the broken boards in the roof of the stable. Can hear them in there but not see them. He’s still alive so assume they must be feeding him (her).
I think you must be right. I don't think he would have lasted this long without some sort of parental intervention. ?