Young TB, just out of racing, stabled for AGES...BOOM!

Auslander

Visit site
Except that there was no BOOM. He arrived a week ago, and has been in isolation, stabled 24/7 with 5x daily hand walks/grazing. Prior to being here, he was stabled 24/7 for two weeks, and only came out for viewings.
Although he is an absolute sweetheart, I was expecting him to have a bit of a hooley when he went out today for the first time. His new owner lunged him first, in case he had tickles in his toes, but despite Alf galloping up the field next to the school, yelling at me, no tickles were identified. So we put him the field, stood back, and waited. 15 minutes later, it became very apparent that all he wanted to do was walk around and eat grass.
I am already a little bit in love with him...he's an absolute saint, and very handsome to boot.
247251231_10161023911335730_4891245177070154319_n.jpg

[153312]

Visit site
He sounds like a gem !!!

ETA - double posted for some reason but he is just gorgeous so not sure it matters ? love an ex racehorse ????

Regandal

Visit site
He’s lulling you into a false sense of security. Just waiting until the coast is clear. My ISH was the picture of compliance and perfect manners. Two hours later he was found in a different field……… Still regularly fence hops.

MissTyc

Visit site
Beautiful! Our filly was the same and she has remained a total dream, always taking everything in stride, always easy and eager, going from a hat rack to jumping 110cm without giving anyone a worry about anything! We did then turn her away again in her 6th year as she suddenly had a teenage crisis with hand stands and attitude, but 4 months later she was all grown up and back to her wonderful self. I hope yours is as easy and fun and takes you where you want to be!

Auslander

Visit site
My ex-racer arrived at this time of year - and behaved just like that. All I will say is go steady on hard feed over the winter even if he is skinny and watch out for the Spring grass!!;););););)
He's a livery, not mine so I won't be the one dealing with him getting spicier when he's not so poor!
I feed ad lib forage to fill the ribs out, rather than lots of hard feed, so hopefully he won't go off his rocker on my watch

Auslander

Visit site
I take it he was I full training before his 3 weeks off? In which case he will be fit not skinny...
I can tell the difference, honest! He is both - I suspect the trip over from Ireland took some out of him, and I have no idea what else happened in between his last race in early Oct, and now. He is very poor