Your Horse Live traffic A46 diversions?

fairyclare

Visit site
I am going to YHL for the 1st time ever tomorrow - just been flicking through Facebook and it would appear the A46 has been closed - preplanned it would seem!
I am googling like a crazy woman, but I can't seem to find a decent traffic website to do an 'avoid' option on!

Is anyone able to advise?
I will be travelling up on the M40 from Oxfordshire using my iPhone maps, the iPhone only recognises the A46 :(

Help please!

conniegirl

Visit site
Traffic was horrific today on a46 as we were going down from the north to a fair, my brother was sat in a queue for nearly 2 hrs when that section would have taken him less than 5 mins normally
Thankfully he called us and we managed to avoid it but we had to go back up the m6 and then through the centre of coventry

AnotherNewbie

Visit site
Don't panic it's around Coventry that the A46 is shut, so coming from the M40 you will be fine! They are ongoing huge roadworks at the roundabout where Cov Airport is, so unless you go completely wrong you'll be no where near! I did it from M40 junction today, drove straight in and out.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I'm glad you said that AnotherNewbie, as I was thinking 'I'm sure I just came off the M40 no problem' and had begun to wonder if I wasn't on the Motorway I thought I was :D

fairyclare

Visit site
Don't panic it's around Coventry that the A46 is shut, so coming from the M40 you will be fine! They are ongoing huge roadworks at the roundabout where Cov Airport is, so unless you go completely wrong you'll be no where near! I did it from M40 junction today, drove straight in and out.

Thank you!! That saves me a huge headache of trying to find an alternative route and potentially putting hours and miles onto an already pretty lengthy journey!

Looking forward to it now, was starting to have a mini panic.
Hope those of you that went today have had a good time x