Your Horse Live!

michelledud

Visit site
Which day is everyone going, and why?
I haven't been for quite a few years and want to take mini-me for her first time but can't decide which day to go 😊

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Saturday only because it's the day my friend can make. We've got standard plus tickets so booked seats for the am performances. Im also taking mini-me for the first time (she is 5) and my friend is taking her son. It's going to be great!!!

eggs

Visit site
Not going this year as IMHO it has got too big and commercial. I used to enjoy going a few years ago when you could turn up a few minutes before a performance and get a seat. Walking around the tradestands was also possible without being constantly jostled.

skint1

Visit site
Not going this year as IMHO it has got too big and commercial. I used to enjoy going a few years ago when you could turn up a few minutes before a performance and get a seat. Walking around the tradestands was also possible without being constantly jostled.

yup, same here. It's just too stressful and expensive now (for me!) and the bargains aren't really that great in my grumpy old opinion0 but I can understand the appeal to others!

lizziebell

Visit site
Haven't been since they stopped doing 3 days as I liked going on a Friday. It's now far too busy and commercial for my taste. I think the bargains have also become few and far between now that they've clocked onto a captive audience.

Sandstone1

Visit site

Me too, it's very over rated I think. Not many bargains, to crowded and having to Que for demos or pay extra for seats makes it no fun. Also it's very samey.Same demos and displays every time.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I went to the first one when it was 'The Equine Event'. It had Carl Hester, William Fox Pitt & Tim Stockdale doing the exhibitions in the main arena & it was great. Unfortunately since then it has gone down hill. The arena exhibitions are over crowded & many can't get in unless you've paid extortionate VIP prices. The stalls are selling cheap tatt as reduced sale items when they were never worth the alleged earlier price anyway. There are few bargains available. Oh & for Gods Sake don't get hungry & try & buy something to eat because that's a real rip off!!!

Due to the above I haven't been for a few years & doubt if I'll go again.

michelledud

Visit site
Okaaaaay! So apart from the people who hate it and aren't going......I'll ask again, which day is looking best this year for the people who ARE going or wanting to go? 😂😂😂

Shay

Visit site
Not if the ticket sales are anything to go by.

We are going. We've been every year since it was the equine event and it has become a big part of our horsey year. But we are only going this year with a heavy heart and probably not again. There are less and less bargains to be had - its almost as overpriced as Olympia now. (Which we go to as well!) I was quite a fan of the fact you could buy a class of ticket which had a guaranteed seat - I can't stand too long because I broke my back a decade or so ago so the main queue for demo seats it too much for me. But this year they have not only jacked the price up more than double but also made it morning or afternoon only.

We have always gone for 2 days - standard ticket on day 1 to shop and standard plus on day 2 to watch the demos and panels. But with the price hike, the crowds and the lack of bargains we are only gong to go on one day this year.

So sad - I hope the organizers don't end up destroying the event out of greed. Although if they do at least it will get less crowded!

Sandstone1

Visit site
I think they will kill it off to be honest. Yes they may have high ticket prices this year but by jacking up the prices and making in morning and afternoon sessions people are going to realise they are getting less for more money.
It's a shame as it did used to be good but greed will ruin it.