Your horsey dreams when you were younger...

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Just interested to see what everyones horsey dreams were when they were younger/what they are for when you're older? :)

Have you realised those dreams?

For example did you dream of owning your own horse and working with horses? Or like many did you dream of going around Badminton/competing at HOYS? :)

Sorry I'm in a day-dreamy kind of mood and mulling things over about future plans :)

zefragile

Visit site
The usual Badminton/Burghley :eek: Yeah, right! Haha!
My horsey dreams now I'm older are... erm to get a horse (that will probably take long enough). To do some low level competing and have a lot of fun and see how far we go.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Don't laugh, my original dream was to be like Pat Smythe (as if!) and jump for Great Britain!! Now I'm old, it's for my youngsters to be successful instead! Son has started by winning two championships, fourth in another when he was racing his Honda the other year, now I just need the horses to carry on improving on that!

Dizzle

Visit site
Haha, I never really got further than dreaming about owning my own horse one day.

Now I've got him I have no idea what to do with him, I love jumping but he's not so keen so thinking dressage and RoR... although I HATE travelling him!

kerilli

Visit site
i wanted to be a top show-jumper like Caroline Bradley, i thought i'd be brave enough to come down to a puissance wall. then i grew up and realised quite how big they really are! now it's all eventing, i'd still love to get to a 4* but as the years pass i realise it is less and less likely to happen. still, very lucky to have had the wonderful horses and the opportunities to do what i have so far...

Firewell

Visit site
When I was a child and I had my ponies ect I used to dream of jumping massive XC fences on my future superstar horse with everyone watching going 'wow' lol. The horse was a chestnut gelding called Fame. I dont know why!!! Maybe because my first event pony was a chestnut?? Maybe premonition :p

I remember when I brought my grey in my sig after I had left uni, the first horse I brought with my own money! She was a youngster for the future and I always thought it odd because she wasn't chestnut and I was so sure my dream horse was chestnut lol.

The horse iv'e found now is a young, chestnut gelding. Is he Fame? I dont know!! What I do know is that im a whimp now and the thought of jumping massive XC fences seems very scary!! I cant exactly imagine anyone saying 'wow' either lol!!!

Nowadays I tend to dream about back when I was a child and I had nerve.

I dont think ive ever told anyone my gay childhood dream and now i've just spouted it on a public forum :)

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
I always dreamt that i would go to HOYS (NC) and i think maybe, just maybe i could get there... maybe.
I always wanted to do PC Open and I am doing my first open ODE this weekend- eek! :D
I would love to compete at badminton or some top show jumping venue... current horse would have a good crack at a lot of the SJing..would go round if it wasn't me on board (just the show jumping).
Be successful at team chasing... having been placed in top 8 every time at novice i think we have done pretty well and team is moving upto intermediate this autumn... i want to qualify for the champs. in the open..!
Obviously i had the dream of doing badders etc. but not so much now. I just want to do everything i can with current horse.

Stormy123456

Visit site
I always wanted to do Burghley (still do! :D), though before I bought Ballet I never thought I'd ever get to do a PC Open, were just doing our 2nd season of Opens this year.

I want to do Open Teamchasing, and qualify for the Championships at Fernie.

I also want Spanner the baby to be successfull in whatever she ends up doing (hopefully eventing. :p)

To do an okay dressage and actually enjoy it.....

PaddyMonty

Visit site
For me it was wanting to jump the hickstead derby. I used to live 5 miles from there and spent many a happy day watching all the greats of yesteryear.
My dream hasn't changed. I still want to jump the derby but I guess as I'm a few weeks short of 50 the odds are not in my favour :(

eishi

Visit site
yep for me it was Burghley, I'm 18 and have done some *'s so I'm not doing too badly, but now reality is hitting, have to go to uni or go out and earn some money and I think horses are going to have to take a backseat for a while.
You never no Maybe in 10 or 15 years we might make it!

Dream now is still high level eventing, but I also would love my own event yard, some owners and to teach people... but hmmm wouldn't everyone!

Shutterbug

Visit site
My parents could never afford to buy me more than a riding lesson a month never mind a horse of my own so my dream was always to be able to buy my own horse.

I lost sight of that dream when I had my kids and thought it would never happen but luckily for me,and largely due to my wonderful other half, it did and I bought my first horse, with my own hard earned pennies when I was 32. Im now on horse number 2 :D

humblepie

Visit site
Mine was to compete at HOYS and finally in my 40s I have done and even been placed.

My show jumping dream would have been the Hickstead Derby but never managed that - that was realistically though not going to happen.

Have however show jumped in the Int Arena (once) and made it through to a showing final there on several occasions now (thank you horses).

The next dream has to be riding down the centre line as winner at HOYS........

KatB

Visit site
To be like International velvet!! :p I was the same as Hevs in the fact my parents couldnt afford weekly lessons, but it never occured to me I wouldn't have my own horse some day! :D

vam

Visit site
To be a top showjumper, compete in the Hickstead Derby and Foxhunter final. To go all the big shows.
I still have the same ambitions but at a more realistic level! Im hoping that my new one will take me to Hickstead and some of the bigger shows but it wont be over the dizzy heights i used to dream of. :D
Not that i mind, i'll be happy to go as far as my nerve will take me and make sure i have fun as i go. :)

Kat

Visit site
Haha first and foremost it was just to own my own pony, and I'm still not there yet although close I'm finding it frustratingly hard to find "the one" and close a deal.

The real big dream was to ride at Burghley, don't think I'll manage that now. So my current realistic dream is to do the unaffiliated BHS xc championships at Eland Lodge......

251libby

Visit site
The only horsey dream I had when I was younger was to own my own horse and compeate it :) dream achieved!
I now dream of owning my own yard with about 10 stables, school, jumping paddock etc........really hope this one comes though!

charlimouse

Visit site
My dream when I was little (coming from a non horsey family) was to have a pony and spend all day hacking out. The pony never materialised, but when I was 16 I managed to get a horse. She didn't hack out (lunatic on the roads), so we did some sj, then started eventing. Now I have 5 horses, i'm eventing at Intermediate/* level, have my own yard, and spend my days teaching, and riding horses. Now my dream would be to competantly complete a 4*, but weather that willl ever happen......................

Golden_Match_II

www.event-stablebarn.weebly.com
My dream was pathetic! I had a HORRIBLE pony with a bucking habit, who used to try and kick you at every oppurtunity, and he was good for me, but was only able to jump 2ft3 courses. My childhood dream was to get a nice pony, and jump a 3ft jump!

I axhieved that maybe a year after that LOL! And ever since it's been to do PC Areas at open level :) Which is hopefully going to happen this year... maybe :p

Shutterbug

Visit site
The only horsey dream I had when I was younger was to own my own horse and compeate it :) dream achieved!
I now dream of owning my own yard with about 10 stables, school, jumping paddock etc........really hope this one comes though!

Ahhh yes - that would be my next dream also - nice house, indoor school, outdoor dressage arena and jumping school, XC course, tack room, feed room, about a dozen stables, couple of staff, parking for my lorries, close to a main town but off the beaten track..oh and with a nice little tea room with a fire for those cold winter evenings.

Not asking for much really am I? Other than a lottery win :D

TheoryX1

Visit site
It was to own my own pony, nothing more. Parents could just afford to pay for riding lessons once a fortnight and gave up in early 20s as first husband hated horses. Had to wait til I was 42 and bought my first horse - an ex riding school cob I fell in love with and had to have. Nearly six years on I still have him and still love him to bits. Dream accomplished.

My daughter is something different. She has a very classy event mare who she has just taken Novice. She dreams of being on the Junior team, and eventually riding around Badminton/Burghley etc. How knows? Will just have to keep on working hard or win the Lottery!!!!!!

julie111

Visit site
I used to dream about becoming a famous showjumper, now i dream about managing a quiet hack without my back feeling too painful!!!

Natpillai

Visit site
I always wanted to be a top showjumper and compete internationally. Would still love to do that although I now have a real passion for training and seeing horses develop correctly. Can only afford to have 1 and the current one I got as a 5 year old - plan is for the next one to be a lightly back rising 4 year old, then after that I'll get one that I can back and break myself.

Am just building up my 'toolbox' so that, hopefully, when I come to start one from scratch it will have the training to give it potential to be my top showjumper!!! But to be honest, my dream now is to identify the strongest discipline/disciplines of whatever horse I have and nurture them to get to a high level in which ever discipline it is.

glitterfuzz

Visit site
I always wanted to ride round badminton too but I cant even afford to join BE never mind enter their events so no hope for unless I win the lottery!!! Sadly chosing to work with horses has meant I cannot afford to compete at the level I want to :(

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
When I was younger:

* I wanted my own horse ( I now have 2 :D)
* I wanted my picture in Essex rider (Mission completed and I have had my picci in AH a few times too!)
* I wanted to ride round olympia (still do)

My dreams now:

* To get both my boys jumping 1.20m courses
* To qual them both for HOYS at newcomers
* To ride at olympia
* To have a mention in H&H

Oh to have dreams that are hard to catch :p

j1ffy

Visit site
Badminton was always my dream, it's the only horse-y thing my parents really enjoy so I'm sure it would impress (and terrify!) them!

At school, whenever I had a "career discussion", I always said I wanted to be a riding instructor. Invariably there'd be silence and I distinctly remember one teacher saying "well, that would be a waste wouldn't it?" I took it to heart and now I'm a management consultant (yawn) but I still dream of working with horses.

The real dream now would be to run a riding holiday place in France near good vineyards :) In the meantime, my OH and I have bought a horse (my first with my own money!) so I'm looking forward to lots of fun with him :D