Your latest horsey purchases!?

JustKickOn

Visit site
It's come to that time of year again, where the winter wardrobe is being hauled out and everything put back on their hangers, and working out what needs to be replaced, but that's just for the horses rugs!! I'm currently walking round with holes in my breeches and a leak in one or both of all 4 pairs of boots (considering doing a bit of mixing and matching!!), but the horses have had their rugs washed and the medium weight and heavyweight rugs are all ready and waiting for their first splash of mud!

Having just looked at my bank statement, there are only a few things on there in the last month or two that aren't horsey related!! There is a clear pattern of feed, shoes, livery, feed, tack shop, livery, shoes, feed, tack shop, feed... Oops! Bar my phone bill, dinner out, cinema tickets and a card payment for some prescription medicine, there is a definite lack of 'human' purchases on there!!

In the last two months, excluding feed/shoes/livery I have bought...
  • A saddle
  • Stirrup leathers
  • Reins
  • Exercise fleece
  • A sponge brush
  • A huge tub of treats
  • A 200g neck cover for the rug (Premier equine sale page is awesome!! 73% discount if anyone is interested!)
  • And a plastic covered tail strap. This is possibly the item I am most excited about, because I am fed up of cleaning poop and mare's wee off a fabric strap! Wipe clean, here we come!!

So, what have been your latest horsey purchases!?

xDundryx

Visit site
err..a market harborough, Mark Todd chequered MW turnout (its so pretty..) not that he urgently needed it but his other one keeps getting soaked so at least I can swap them around and he can have dry rugs! Just need to get the matching neck now.. Huuuge bag of carrots from the village market.. Toggi Quebec boots bargain at £89 so had to right? Currently resisting the temptation to hit the tack shops at the weekend it's a bad thing payday is Thurs!!!!!

soulfull

Visit site
quite expensive

As I got a new horse this week I can see list getting big

just ordered a M2M saddle

and bridle

with your horse live just over a week away I can see I will need to set a strict limit lol

Capriole

Visit site
You've added it all up? You;re a crazy person :biggrin3:

Ok, not going to think about this too hard, but the last couple of months...7 turnout rugs, 2 browbands, horse related picture frames x2, event photos x 6, buckets, assorted horsey luggage, Dublin Defy jod boots, boot waterproofer, Togi gilet. Not going to think about it any more :p

Last edited:

sunleychops

Visit site
Today alone I've ordered:

New water drinker as clumsy Ned sat on his and broke it off the wall!
Hoof Brush (I'm anal about his feet being clean and healthy!)
Lunge Cavesson
2 Pairs Magic Gloves
Lunge Line
Sheepskin girth sleeve

I have a problem :( I seem to keep buying small items that I will probably never use but want anyway!

Dizzleton

Visit site
My latest purchases:

• Patent Fluff Overreach Boots
  • Reflective Exercise Sheet
  • Matchy match saddle pad and bandages X2
  • Patent Rolled Double Bridle
  • Neue Schule Weymouth and Bradoon to go with said bridle
  • Sparkly Spur Straps
  • Eskadron Platinum Headcollar set
  • Lunge Roller
  • Otto Schumacher custom Browband

Think that's everything!!

sandi_84

Visit site

Ha ha! This ^ Never add horse stuff up! Won't you learn? ;)

In the last few months I have purchased a new saddle, a set of leg bandages and pads (for practicing with so I can bandage for travelling when we move - OH is coming out to help keep me right since it's been over 10years since I last had to bandage a horse :)), sheath cleaner and a new browband to cover with ribbon and diamantes as a christmas present for a friend :)

Capriole

Visit site
I have a problem

Yeah me too. Some of the above I did need, ie rugs, boots and buckets, but most of it is fripperies, ie photos - not an essential.
My problem is I'm dying to buy 'things' for my favourite youngster. Realistically she needs ****** all, she's 2! Soon though, my pretty, soon :biggrin3:

JustKickOn

Visit site
I am contemplating YHL, but can only see it being an expensive trip!!

Ok, not going to think about this too hard, but the last couple of months...7 turnout rugs, 2 browbands, horse related picture frames x2, event photos x 6, buckets, assorted horsey luggage, Dublin Defy jod boots, boot waterproofer, Togi gilet. Not going to think about it any more :p

Ooh, Dublin defy boots!! Did you get the matching gaiters?? What are the boots like? (Have put some on my Christmas list ;) )

sunleychops

Visit site
Yeah me too. Some of the above I did need, ie rugs, boots and buckets, but most of it is fripperies, ie photos - not an essential.
My problem is I'm dying to buy 'things' for my favourite youngster. Realistically she needs ****** all, she's 2! Soon though, my pretty, soon :biggrin3:

I read the last part in Gollums voice lol

MileAMinute

Visit site
This month I have been good, and have only bought a 100gm TO and a neck cover, both of which were needed. Very well restrained (although I haven't had much choice this month, crippled again with the horses coming in!).

WelshD

Visit site

I'm a bit like that, on Jan 1st I will be shouting 'he's three, he's three! I need this and that and this and that......' when in reality he wont be backed till this time next year!

montanna

Visit site
Today I've bought a selection of girths (1 atherstone, 1 curved and 1 string) plus 2 anti slip pads (one prolite, one gel-eze) to try and anchor my youngsters saddle is place as it keeps shooting up her neck. Also bought two gullet plates for it as saddler suggested. She has inherited rugs from my other two at the minute so thankfully she doesn't need new ones! Also purchased a new grooming box as the rats had chewed mine so I couldn't do it up - had to carry it with two hands instead of by the handle which was doing my head in! She will soon be getting a new bridle too as her (inherited!) cheekpieces are too long to hold her new bit. Lucky pone!

Capriole

Visit site
I'm a bit like that, on Jan 1st I will be shouting 'he's three, he's three! I need this and that and this and that......' when in reality he wont be backed till this time next year!

Mines a late one as well, she'll only be 2 1/2 by then. On the one hand it seems ages off backing her, but then I think how fast it's gone since she was born.
There's gonna be some serious shopping done before too long anyhow, lol!

GeorgeyGal

Visit site
Oh good excuse to tell someone about my latest splurge! Yesterday I ordered a brown HM flexee saddle with numnah and girth and spent £45 on winter wardrobe for myself from aldi, the hi vis pink reversible gilet is fab! It's my bday soon so that's my excuse oh and I'm looking for a caldene lumos choc and champers coloured hat.

Embo

Visit site
In the last month...

New rainsheet, just before it suddenly turned cold so thought he wouldn't get to wear it! But then warmed up again so getting to wear it.
Full set of Premiere Equine turnout boots. Quite pleased so far, but has injured himself on the parts the boots don't cover!
2x pairs of over reach boots... one pair are too small, not got round to returning them yet!
A lovely fleece cover for my saddle.

Plus the vet for restarting his vaccs and extra bedding as I've put him on deep litter for the winter.

Happily skint :)

wiglet

Visit site
A lightweight TO rug with neck cover
A fly sheet (in the sale - it's for next summer)
A pair of short boots and gaiters
A pair of breeches (in the sale)
A headcollar

Not too bad really :)

micramadam

Visit site
Well, apart from some new thermal boots for the winter. The next purchase is to pay the balance for my new horse so she can be delivered at the end of November. That is as long as she passes her 5 stage vetting which also needs paying for. Oh! and waiting for the vet bill for 3 sets of vaccinations and that's not counting the training livery fee for Breitlingh while we are on holiday this month. I forgot another thing, a new saddle for our young horse. November is going to be a very very expensive month. Think I'll cancel Christmas.

Arniebear

Visit site
Ahhh see i have the only plus side to a horse stuck on box rest.... I actually have money!!!! Keep seeing all the pretty things he NEEDS but as i cant actually use anything i dont see the point in spending the money... Im just saving it all up for olympia!!!!!! :D where he can have it all just cuz its xmas!!! And hopefully he will slowly be coming back in to work!! Lol :)

xgemmax

Visit site
This month I have bought:

Derby House bridle in the sale
Derby House elastice breastplate (quite surprised both of these turned up 2 days after I ordered them!)
LW turnout rug with a neck
New shavings fork
3 bags of shavings
20 bales of hay
New breeches
Lunge roller
New showjacket
(and has his feet trimmed yesterday)

Wow that't actually quite a lot :eek:

CBAnglo

Visit site
I have three horses but still spend more on myself each month (I have expensive shoe habits). Apart from livery, hay, shavings, feed, farrier etc this month they have each had new set from Eskadron and overreach/tendon boots. I am not sure that they think of these as being "presents" though. They have about 100 rugs each so I have managed to curb that habit. *just*

I, on the other hand, have bought myself 4 dresses, a top, 2 pairs of shoes and am getting a new handbag this weekend. Because it is blue and pretty.

I used to spend more than half my salary on my horses each month but now it is more like 10% of my salary. I dont buy them less, I just earn more now!

It always amazes me when people will pay £100 for a rug each season but wear the same coat for years. There was a family like that on a friend's yard; spent all their money on their (the parents') horses and left their kids running around with holes in the clothes/shoes. I just couldnt understand it.

Joandripple

Visit site
Well.......it's my bday on Sunday, so if I get any money you all know what that will go on. I would love a scarlet jacket for competing tho'!

Carlosmum

Visit site
Went to Aldi today and bought:
Hi-viz waist coat
Thermals for riding
long socks
but at Blenheim I bought
Ariat telluride boots
Racesafe Back protector
Custom made Equitector riding boots ( not yet arrived due in 2 weeks when I am back from Holls.... so excited!!)

JLD

Visit site
today i bought some toe cages for my daughters stirrups. now I cant remember if she has the elastic sided or bent iron saftey stirrups. if it the bent iron ones they wont fit on !! however i managed not to buy the really nice little saddle i saw for her. Have sort of sussed keeping pony on a budget but now want to buy nice things for daughter . she is 4 . she doesnt care . she likes riding in a spiderman outfit and wellies ( hence the toe cages )

Capriole

Visit site
yeah since the OP excluded feed/shoes/livery and things I don't really think they count, since we all pay for those all the time anyway, being essentials not OMG I wants, lol! :D

I've got a bank account set aside for my dream saddle for the youngster, I had to dip into it for a completely out of the blue sideswipe of a big bill though, so I think it's going to take me till she's a few years old to have enough :biggrin3: