YouTube Video - Horrendous Accident

LauraBR

Visit site
Awful
frown.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Makes me so cross seeing things like this on Youtube as its just propaganda and fuels the anti racing brigade. Every equine sport has awful things happen to it its just racing is so public. Those horses get the best care to get them on the race course and the amount of health and safety that goes into racing is unbelievable.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you insist on posting this tripe - we can take any equestrian sport and create such propaganda, infact we can take most things, and do the same.

gemz666

s19.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you insist on posting this tripe - we can take any equestrian sport and create such propaganda, infact we can take most things, and do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

must agree with Gts on that video

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Think that vid has been linked to about 5 times in the last 24hrs - it's anti racing propaganda that was fuelled by the deaths at Cheltenham in March

Drives me mad
mad.gif

K9Wendy

Visit site
Horrific accident, but why would a race ever be run under those horrendous weather conditions? Races in the UK are cancelled if conditions are bad, is that not the case in the US?

GTs

Visit site
It is an all weather track, although it looks slushy it is actually safe to run on. The incident really had nothing to do with the condition of the track.

GTs

Visit site
Officials are mounted, and the lead ponies generaly stay on the course during racing. It is most likely one of these.

K9Wendy

Visit site
Well it said because of the apalling conditions Stacey had her head down, so I am sure that did contribute very much to the accident. The men running across the track could hardly plough through the water sodden track, terrible racing conditions!!!

runaway

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Link

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely your own statement applies to you too GT's
shocked.gif
!! Forget_Me_Not was possibly just doing the same as you and posting a link to a video montage, just because it so happened to have that "headline" doesn't mean she was doing it for any other reason than to share like you felt you wanted to
wink.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Both these video's are quite sickenning. The first is clearly a very unfortunate accident, and as has been said, these things can and do happen in all forms of sport, both equestrian and other. The second video is propoganda, but to my mind does highlight the huge risks involved in horse racing...particularly jump racing.

As for the statement :-

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of being shot down in flames, I believe that in horse racing, as opposed to other forms of equestrian sport, the horses seem to be treated as secondary to the whole thing. Racing is about betting and prestige, and the horses appear to be 'disposable' items. I don't believe that to be the case in other disciplines
shocked.gif

You might gather i'm not a big fan of horse racing
blush.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You might gather i'm not a big fan of horse racing

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both!!

I know that accidents happen in any discipline but with racing the accidents seem alot more frequent more often than not fatal.

One of my friends is a big fan of racing and the stuff that she tells me really upsets me.

I never watch it and i never will and i certainly dont make any bets.