YR Euros Report on eventingworldwide.com!RANT!

nicoleamy

Visit site
i was just reading the report from the young rider europeans on eventingworldwide.com (and by the way may i say wat a great website it is!!
laugh.gif
) and i cant believe the comment made about amy youngs sjing a being "certainly not textbook" - wat a horrible thing for alex colquhoun (a YR selector) to say!!! i think that is so rude and unnecessary. i dont think it is right to draw attention to something in a negative way like that. amy deserves great praise for achieving such an amazing result. double gold is great and i think positive things should be said about how she did it!! Give her credit for all her hard work and ability to cope under pressure! A clear sjing is brilliant at that competition so something like "she coped well with the difficult going" would have been a kinder thing to say i think!!! i have noticed wen reading the young rider report in the BE mag that negative and often darn right rude comments are made about some people that are not necessary! i think it is important to make positive comments about people especially young riders as people should be as encouraging as possible!! Negative and personal comments are just not necessary. It sounds bitchy and sour.
the other thing that struck me was how three of the horses were obviously not right at the trot up yet they still jumped two of them...i know its a team situation and all but are medals really more important the horse???
anyway that’s my rant over. sorry about that but just had to get it off my chest!!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
The comment was simply that it was not textbook - it tells you it was a workmanlike round under pressure and in hard conditions - Flint Curtis at Badminton was not text book but he still came 3rd.

nicoleamy

Visit site
i know its a bit of a rant on about it, but i just feel that the report didnt really praise amy that much considering her outstanding achievement. i just thought it was an unecessary comment to include in a report that people will read. it comes across as derogatory. was my gut reaction-but hey, its off my chest now! i think the fact they jumped two horses that were injured is prob more worrying! but like i say to some medals are more important! maybe i am too protective of my horses!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Thanks to those efforts team gold was achieved - Under FEI rules the horse comes first. They would not have passed if not sound. To me the injurys sounded not too serious but I cannot judge as was not there. These horses are worth a lot of money I am sure serious consideration and effort by the vet went into it all and the horses were fine.