Z? zangersheide studbook questions

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
this year we have used a stallion graded with zangersheide studbook but will our foal get the Z after his name or is it only if both parents are in the zangersheide stud book?

Governor

Visit site
I'd email Zanger to find out. My horse is Zangersheide bred and has their brand but no papers so i've contacted them in the past. You have to persist with them but eventually they are pretty helpful and informative.

I've been tempted to use a Z after Governor's name in the past but I don't know their procedure and seeing as I have no papers it seems a little stupid!

SJFAN

Visit site
From the Zangersheide website:
Foals that are the product of an insemination by a stallion licensed under a studbook member of WBFSH, can be registered at birth with Studbook Zangersheide vzw.

In that case, the mare’s owner should send, within two weeks after the birth of the foal, the original service/birth certificate (and a copy of the mare’s ancestry papers if not already known to us) fully completed to :

Studbook Zangersheide
Domein Zangersheide
3620 Lanaken
Belgium

Or

Studbook Zangersheide
P.O. Box 2066
6201 CD Maastricht
The Netherlands

The name of the foal should start with the first letter of its sire and cover 16 positions at a maximum, including spaces and compulsory Z-suffix.

Drawing and tissue sampling for compulsory DNA-testing of mare and foal are always done at their stables. For foals to be registered living outside a 500km radius from Zangersheide, the foal inspector will separately charge traveling expenses.

The owner of the mare and foal will receive the European passport of the foal within 6 months after birth, if possible, after DNA-testing is positive and any fees owing are paid.

In order to register a foal under Studbook Zangersheide, the following conditions have to be met:

Submit original birth certificate to Studbook Zangersheide stating the name of the foal ending in Z
Submit copy of mare’s ancestry papers to Studbook Zangersheide
Sire has to be licensed with a recognized European studbook
The sire’s DNA profile must be known, or material should be available to perform a DNA-test.
At the foal registration, the foal inspector draws the foal at home and collects hairs from the foal - and from the mare if the latter is not yet known at Zangersheide – for the purpose of DNA-testing of the ancestry.

The foal inspector will make an appointment after the foal is entered for registration by Studbook Zangersheide in the manner indicated above.

tigers_eye

Visit site
So neither the mare nor the stallion actually have to be Zangersheide-bred?
confused.gif