Zara Phillips' horses.. can anyone ID one for me??

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Ok, I realise this is a longshot and possibly a load of bollox, but someone I know has told me that several years ago Zara came to Argentina and bought an exceptionally nice SJer from someone else I know...
This horse was a chestnut with a stripe (NOT very helpful, I know) and I could possibly dig up a pic of it from old magazines. It would be lovely to think this was true, but as Zara is an eventer and Argies can be a bit flexible with the truth I have taken this comment with a shovelful of salt.
HOWEVER, if anyone would care to have a go at IDing said horse, or has any knowledge of such a thing happening, I would be very grateful if they would let me know (PMs are good too!
smile.gif
)

KatB

Visit site
Do you know its name? If so, look on her record on British eventing? Can do some detective work by looking at individual horses record, if you find one of hers that hasnt previously evented in England, then do a search, you might find a photo for Comparison??

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
This is Red Baron
Red Baron

Ardfield Magic Star

AMS

AMS again

Ardfield Magic Star
Chestnut, Gelding, 16.1hh, 9yrs
s. Hallodri The Pebbles Syndicate and BCG Partners & Associates

&
Red Baron
Chestnut, Gelding, 16.2, 10yrs
s. Medoc Gledhill House Stud Ltd

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know its name? If so, look on her record on British eventing? Can do some detective work by looking at individual horses record, if you find one of hers that hasnt previously evented in England, then do a search, you might find a photo for Comparison??

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know his name as it was here. She'll have changed it though, won't she? Very good idea to have a nosey on the BE website! Thanks
smile.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Perhaps it was mum or dad??? Actually, person who told me this (like so many Argies) has a very weak grasp of the British family tree... so on reflection, could've been almost anyone!!
(I've also heard lots and lots of people claim Princes William and Harry have bought polo ponies from them or someone they know!!)
shocked.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
It looks like Zara only started eventing in 1999 on BE records.