£55k >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

popsdosh

Visit site
Wonder if the 'to the point' advert is to help stop day dreamers calling up? In a if you don't know who this is and what they've done and what they're like (or who to ring up to ask), it's not for you? Who knows :p You often see the highest priced horses with very minimal adverts though.

Thats because they sell themselves . To be totally honest I think the price may put a few off!! However because to me that is seriously under where it should be.

cronkmooar

Visit site
The facebook link has him up for sale mid October, so I'm surprised he is still for sale now.

He looks such a lovely bold pony though, just the sort I would have loved as a kid (though my parents wouldn't have parted with £55 for a pony for me :) :) )

TableDancer

Visit site
*saunters in, alerted to this thread by a FB friend* Hi folks, long time no see! Just had to comment as this is a pony I imported from Ireland, straight out of a field in Galway having done some hunting, we produced him from BE90 to CIC* in one season as he was so bold and such a jumping machine, although at that stage his flatwork always rather lagged behind the level he was required to produce in the arena, so his dressage marks were pretty uninspiring. MiniTD (who is incidentally now taller than me and riding at 2* for anyone interested) was out of ponies by the time he was ready to do trials, so we loaned hm initially to his current jockey - they bought hm after Brand Hall that first year. She has done a fantastic job on continuing to produce him and they have been incredibly consistent, thoroughly earning their place on this year's GB squad, and getting themselves a team gold medal in the process. All this on 10yo pony who has only had 3 seasons eventing. But H is now also out of ponies, hence the need to sell him, and he needs to do the same job for another talented youngster.

Let me be categoric, there are absolutely no ifs or buts about this pony, he is completely awesome in every way. To get the best out of him on the flat, the child does need to be fairly competent, and with the right rider (and coaching) he will go on developing further in this phase. Jumping-wise he is a total machine and would go for anyone!

As far as his price is concerned, my personal opinion is that they initially marketed him for a little too much (and no, I don't intend to say what the price was), they have since dropped it twice by quite a bit, and he now looks cheap to me, but it is a horrific time of year to sell horses and ponies. If he were still mine, I would take him off the market until spring, then you could sell him at that price in 24 hours, or probably get a lot more for him, but he isn't and they may have their own reasons for needing to sell now. Either way, I really hope they find him a lovely home, he is a gorgeous person and all I can say is the kid who ends up with him will be very lucky indeed!

ETA: I agree wth those who say it isn't a very good advert :p But, speaking from experience, you do sometimes have to advertise these ponies, they don't always go by word of mouth even though you would think they would.

Last edited:

Chiffy

Visit site
Hello TD, fancy you appearing, long time since we met at Kenneth's. I must alert Joss. Gorgeous pony by the way, sorry my granddaughter is not quite ready!!!!

TableDancer

Visit site
A
That sort of pony is almost enough to make me wish I had had kids .

Hello TD, fancy you appearing, long time since we met at Kenneth's. I must alert Joss. Gorgeous pony by the way, sorry my granddaughter is not quite ready!!!!

Yeh but your 55K better off !! probably a lot more :)

Ahhh but remember, you don't have to - we didn't pay 55k for him - in fact we didn't pay 5k for him :D

And hi Chiffy*waves*

TableDancer

Visit site
Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
12246797_10206506009502458_4042544251647569160_n.jpg

TD the second link doesn't work, must be set to private? If you right click on the pic you can copy image URL and then just add the
tags

Nice to see you around too ;)

TableDancer

Visit site
12246797_10206506009502458_4042544251647569160_n.jpg

TD the second link doesn't work, must be set to private? If you right click on the pic you can copy image URL and then just add the
tags

Nice to see you around too ;)

Thanks Ester :) Ahhh re photos, only thing is I'm on an iPad so I can't right click! I've changed the setting of the album, maybe you could do that one too (pretty please)? :)

Fiona

Visit site
Hi TD....

Was that the pony we used to make tongue in cheek remarks about his terribly dangly front legs ...

Hope he finds a lovely new rider v soon.

Fiona