1 hour private lesson on own horse - how much?

Which cheek?

• Total voters

samp

Visit site
I have 45mins lesson on my horse both dressage ans SJ trianer charges £30 for that so I ticked £35

druid

Visit site
£30 but lesson has no time limit and with 2 horses we're often out there for ~3 hours

Tempi

Visit site
I pay £35 for half an hour with Andrew Gould - top dressage rider/trainer. Im paying £50 for 45mins with Daniel Greenwood in a clinic on bank holiday monday. I think it depends at what level you ride at (ie recreational or competition) as to whom you go to for lessons and therefore how much they cost.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Depends who I go to!
I pay £40 p/h for a jump lesson around once a month, I have the occasional lesson with a friend who charges me £15 p/h and if I wanted a private lesosn with one of my college instructors it would be about £25.

Law

Visit site
frown.gif
I pay £35 an hour with a regular (good) BHSII- she's bloody marvellous but flipping expensive.
I only pay £25 an hour with my other instructor who is better, dressage oriented and competed internationally as a young woman but she can rarely manage to get out to teach us
frown.gif

Ouch!

burtie

Visit site
I charge £20 for a full one hour lesson, but offer 45mins for £15 to most people I teach as this suits them better than an hour!

I pay £30 for an hours lesson with my instructor.

RachelB

Visit site
£20 for my non-BHS but fabulous instructor. £18.50 for half an hour with my boss, she's BHS though too and is also pretty darned good (although I find I get on better with my YO as an instructor so mostly go to her, plus no travelling expenses!)

BBs

Visit site
I pay £40 for an hour with a BE accredited trainer or £50 if he comes to me.

£50 for 45 with BD dressage trainer, but i have to drive an hour to get to her

Half that for Madmare who is fabulous
smile.gif
and as good as the above.

jumpthemoon

Visit site
£39 if I take my horse to the local equestrian centre (I get £1 off for taking my own horse), but I also have leesons at home which are £30 for as long as it takes to get it right!

spooks

Visit site
i pay £20 per hour for PC instructor and also £20 for 45 mins which usually ends up an hour with an ex international showjumper who is training to be a BSJA accredited coach and is fantastic but have to drive 30 mins to get to her

harrihjc

Visit site
I pay £7 for an hour, which sometimes runs over dependiong on what we're doing, and she's absolutely brilliant and sometimes comes to shows with me (unpaid) for support, help and advice

fairhill

Visit site
I pay £20 an hour for flatwork with a BD instructor, she also charges £12 for 40 mins for when I'm having lessons on both horses. I have fortnightly lessons with her.
I also pay £10 for a half hour jumping lesson with a BSJA YR (he's trained by Steven Smith) on alternate fortnights.

Hullabaloo

Visit site
Mine's a bargain - she charges my friend and I £10 each for 1 hour semi-private. I get special rates as I bought my horse from her a few years ago and she's become a mate - doesn't stop her shouting at me though!

celia

Visit site
I pay £10 for 45mins - 1 hour (usually nearer an hour though!) with very good instructor who comes to the yard. Don't know what qualifications she does/doesn't have but she's a great teacher and tbh that's all I'm bothered about! I think I'm getting a good deal either way!
grin.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
£20/hr with my BHS Instructor.
£20/hr with dressage trainer who competes to Inter I.

£45 for 45 mins with Carol Broad when I can get there (not often), and clinic next month with Peter Storr for £60.

SpaceMolly

Visit site
I pay 30 For a good hour with my instructor, she comes all the way to Oxford from Reading so think I'm getting a good deal.

ecrozier

Visit site
£25 for an hour with local SJ, she did some international stuff when she was younger, not sure what qualifications she has but she is excellent! I go there, but that means we can use her school/jumps.
Also do RC lessons at £15 an hour for a group.
grin.gif

murphyboywoody

Visit site
I pay £50 for an hours lesson with my dressage trainer and he comes to me most of the time. I also pay £25 for a hours lesson with my jump trainer and i always go to her as she has more jumps than me!!!
grin.gif

ann-jen

Visit site
I have 2 instructors, one for dressage and one for show-jumping.
My SJ instructor is a BHSAI and BSJA accredited and charges £30/h
My dressage instructor is BHSI and an ex listed judge. She used to charge £45 for a lesson at home and £40 if I went to her. She has now changed this to a whopping £70/h if she comes to me so I'm either going to have to find a new instructor or always travel to her place.