1 today!

JJS

Visit site
It's hard to believe, but one year ago today, I was meeting my lovely little Mayflower for the very first time. She's been a constant source of joy in what's been a really hard year for me, and I'm so grateful that she came along when she did, planned or not! She's grown into the kindest, most loving little mare, and despite all the challenges she's thrown my way, nothing makes me prouder than her.

I won't waffle on any longer - I'll just show you how we celebrated! Yes, I did make her wear a birthday badge, and yes, Mary did have to don a party hat :D Sixpence would also have been forced into the festivities if I'd had another hand to hold him, although Tudor made it abundantly clear that he wasn't wearing anything on his head! Sheepie tried to get in on the action too, but she eventually got shooed away for being a bit of a disruptive influence!

MzBYAK2.jpg

Bmsx8K4.jpg

CT6Kw32.jpg

Ruby's Mum

Visit site
"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday lovely Flower, happy birthday to you" *hip hip hurray*. Lovely photos JJS and lovely to see Mary entering into the party spirit too ;). xx

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Woooo!!!! Happy Birthday Flower, you marvellous little fluffy ball. You are an HHO superstar

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Happy 1st birthday gorgeous fluffy eared beautiful eyed girl, congratulations to mum Mary for creating such a beauty and for wearing the hat to prove it! I'm missing Sheepie too but these pics of you three together are perfect.

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
So cute, Mary looks cool with her hat:cool3: I think the photo would be complete with sheepie and a birthday cake;)

Surbie

Visit site
What a gorgeous looking thing she is, Mary too. Love the fact that it's nearly June and she is still very decidedly hairy.
Shame Sheepie didn't make it into the photos - I'm quite a fan!!

Nici

Visit site
What a lovely Mayflower (and mommy Mary of course)!
I remember how we all rooted for them last year! Its wonderful to see them in top shape. :)

Amye

Visit site
Wow, a year already! Happy birthday flower :) Looks like she had lots of fun celebrating with her mum

Cecile

Visit site
Lovely photo's as usual. Happy Birthday flower, no wishy washy colour for flower she is gorgeous

Annagain

Visit site
Happy birthday Flower! Seeing all the lovely photos of her growing up over the last year has been lovely,

There doesn't seem to be a BOGOFF thread this year unless I've missed it, which is pretty disapponting. We normally get one to keep us entertained!

JJS

Visit site
I can't believe you didn't let sheepie join in!

Sheepie only had herself to blame! Butting people's bottoms and parking yourself in-between their legs because you want some attention is not acceptable behaviour :D

I don't know who's hair I am more jealous of <3
She looks fab

Definitely Mary's! Just look at those luscious locks!

76awMBn.jpg

Seriously? A year already?

Aw, you have a fabulous herd, and hasn't Mary been a great mum to Flower. Wonderful photos.

Thank you! :) She really has - Mary is one of those mares that just seems to have been born to motherhood.

So cute, Mary looks cool with her hat:cool3: I think the photo would be complete with sheepie and a birthday cake;)

There was a birthday cake made of carrots, but that got scoffed long before any pictures could be taken! Sheepie was also invited to the festivities, but she was the party guest from hell :D

What a gorgeous looking thing she is, Mary too. Love the fact that it's nearly June and she is still very decidedly hairy.
Shame Sheepie didn't make it into the photos - I'm quite a fan!!

Thank you! She was decidedly less hairy last year, but my sleek, shiny coblet has yet to make an appearance in 2018...

[video=youtube_share;dknX6d4g6Gk]https://youtu.be/dknX6d4g6Gk[/video]

Lovely photo's as usual. Happy Birthday flower, no wishy washy colour for flower she is gorgeous

Thank you! No, Flower is a proper little redhead!

I hope it's not inappropriate to say that Flower is growing up to be as pretty as her owner.

Not at all! That's a lovely compliment :)

And to every one of you, Flower and I would like to say a big thank you, not just for the birthday wishes, but for all of the advice, support, and kindness we've received over the last year :)

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
It's funny how so many of us are asking about sheepie :smile4:

I love the video of Flower as a foal. She's so perky:biggrin4:

Last edited: