1 tractor good, 2 tractors good....20 tractors - MONSTERS!

turnbuckle

Visit site
Horsey brain at it's best - my boy's field is on a quiet road, so very used to machinery coming past. Rock steady to all forms of tractor life...but there's a rally on in the next village and we've just had a column of 20 come past.

He suddenly decided they had bred and were coming to take over the world....

Shows (I guess) how they really work to keep their fear in check.

Any other thoughts on what sort of insight this gives into how their little minds work?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Our fields are next to one used by an agricultural machinery company to show off their huge stuff. Our little Fergie looks ridiculously small in comparison. Our youngsters come running across when Dad is mending the tractor (frequently), they love watching him and often they are attracted by the noise made when he hits it. Think they are just nosy, really!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I wonder if it is the noise, one on it's own will resonate at one frequency, two at two, but the air disturbance and different frequency of twenty may be overwhelming, just a thought :)

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Mine lived by a railway line for years. Passenger trains were never an issue for any of them but Flynn appeared to able to count how many trucks there were on the goods trains, and react accordingly. IIRC up to ten he could ignore them, up to fifteen he'd raise his head and watch, up to twenty and he'd be getting ready to run, over twenty PANIC!!!

Now he lives by a river with boats. He can't deal with the idea of boats at all, but has finally given up charging at them and trying to chase them off his land. He still has to watch very carefully to make sure they're not deviating from the route he allows them to take!