15.3hh 4yo KWPN bay project mare Zacharov x Holland >>>>>>>

Finlib

Visit site
Super looking horsed any one else have alarm bells ringing at that price!!
unbacked sold from the field !

SpringArising

Visit site
Was just looking at her ad.

I think they've just bitten off more than they can chew by the sounds of it. Would love to go and have a look at her. Shame (or a blessing!) that she's so far away.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Lovely looking mare, and what a jump! I think they are being honest. The mare is just too much for them on the ground. I had a small taster with my young mare a couple of weeks ago which had me questioning if she was too much for me at my age. Thankfully we got through it. But if she persisted then I would have probably thought, you know what, 10 years ago that wouldn't be a problem, now I just want an easier, safer life. I imagine the mare in the ad is just very boisterous. I think she probably has oodles of talent which a pro could make very good use of.

Finlib

Visit site
The alarms bells for me are just how much of a handful she is.
One wonders why she hasn't been sent to a professional to back and bring on. or maybe she has and this is what was recommended.
They must be taking a loss at that price.
As you say what a jump!!!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Big alarm bells for me. They are 'massively overstocked' and so they are used to horses in a big way, but they can't handle her. My money would be on that they have tried to break her and failed, or at least tried to sit on her and think it's going to take a long time or that she really is a total nut job and they know it.

The jump looks spectacular but in fact she has judged it really badly and jumped far, far, higher than the fence warrants. It's only one photo, but I would also want to investigate whether she is making a strange roach shape in the back half of her back.

Last edited:

Finlib

Visit site
Hope she finds a kind experienced home where she can develop the talent she obviously has not someone who wants to make money quickly,
Good luck little mare

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Big alarm bells for me. They are 'massively overstocked' and so they are used to horses in a big way, but they can't handle her. My money would be on that they have tried to break her and failed, or at least tried to sit on her and think it's going to take a long time or that she really is a total nut job and they know it.

The jump looks spectacular but in fact she has judged it really badly and jumped far, far, higher than the fence warrants. It's only one photo, but I would also want to investigate whether she is making a strange roach shape in the back half of her back.

Good point re the over stock. I too noticed her back being very dipped behind the wither but then thought maybe it's because her head carriage is high and maybe she just has a supple back. But you're right, it does look a little odd.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Lovely mare I expect she will be a nightmare to handle .
But she's a fairly priced project for an experianced person with enough time to do it properly .

Finlib

Visit site
Holy moly. She was sold for around £5250..and now she's £1.5k nearly...that's rather a big loss!!

I thought they were taking a big loss on her as was said on another post she seems to be at an experienced place which makes you wonder why she couldn't be sorted!

Dobermonkey

Visit site
The pictures are from the when she was originally advertised. The place updated her details as sold 9 months ago ( that's not to say they were slow to update). Recent ocd screened? No mention of ocd screen on original advert?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
She won't land on her left hind in that vid. Big indicator of problems

Yes you're right, and veers off to the right every time even though there's a wall there. Something odd about her conformation when moving as well though I can't put my finger on what...

Does someone have a link to the advert?

FlyingCircus

Visit site
So a £5000 horse is now a £1000 horse? I would put money on that they tried to break her and failed.

I would guess similar also.
I don't see any other reason why someone would be willing to take £4k less than they spent on the horse less than a year ago...

If the horse is really so amazing, why not send it to a pro to break, then sell for less of a loss? :s

Finlib

Visit site
So a £5000 horse is now a £1000 horse? I would put money on that they tried to break her and failed.

On the original advert is states ideal brood mare .I can see her ending up being bought and bred from producing foals for an already difficult market sales wise
Like hihosilver I would be very surprised at her taking such a dive price wise because she is ' sharp' it seems an experience place if they want to move her on in less than a year one has to wonder what has been done with her.

only_me

Visit site
Or it could be that the mare didn't do well in a busy environment and could well do better in a quiet yard with only a couple other horses.
I think looks nice and could be worth a punt, ability is there it just depends on how opinionated horse is on the ground lol.

SpringArising

Visit site
If the horse is really so amazing, why not send it to a pro to break, then sell for less of a loss? :s

Even if they did that, they'd probably only be able to knock on another £1000 or so. After the fees of a pro, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

There could be a very genuine reason, but maybe there is something going on.

Either way, at least they're upfront about her personality and haven't got her up for a stupid price. If someone chooses to buy and not vet, then that's on them.

alainax

Visit site
Maybe its sales livery? So its not actually the studs horse but selling it on behalf of the person who imported her and could not handle her. Just a thought :)

She is very pretty, and if its healthy will be a bargain for someone with the ability.