15 year old trying to sell a horse..

bonnie93

Visit site
so the vibe im getting, especially from the likes of bonnie and other ''helpful'' posters, is that instead of sending a good horse to a home that can help it achieve its potential, OP should keep it and let it stagnate in a feild, or ride it herself and put both horse and rider in danger... yeah you are the type of horsey people to avoid imho.

OP good on you for asking, its very mature of you to try and help your parents and you are going about it the right way.

my god your all over sensitive.
was not suggesting that they should just leave horse in field as opposed to selling to a good home.
was implying that it wasnt appropriate for mother to tell daughter to sell her horse as shes to busy!
OP know says that she isnt going to be selling alone handling money etc which is much more appropriate.
everyone has posted advice on how to sell, which is what OP was after

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
If you want the best home, get everything in order beforehand like answers to all the questions most people ask. Make sure you have good trial facilities and don't be too surprised if they want to speak to your mum. She can always defer back to you after a few words on it.

Present him well on the day and get some good pics for the ads which accurately represent him.

Good luck in finding him a new home.

Queenbee87

Visit site
I think an adult would need to be involved at some point to as the age of legal capacity in the UK is 18 which applies to contracts that are not for necessaries (when selling a horse there is a contract involved- you agree to give someone your horse in return for £x). It would probably be best if it's the person whose name is on the passport (your mum?) I would imagine as it could be argued that another person did not have the relevant authority to make the contract binding.

Probably very unlikely that anyone would cause a dispute over the above and someone may tell me I'm talking a load of rubbish- it is just based on my limited knowledge of contract law! Might be worth looking into though- better safe than sorry!

Good luck! :D

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hi
Please dont take this the wrong way but personnally I wouldnt want to buy a horse off a 15 yr old. Its nothing personal, I just dont think it looks good and would from a buyers point of view look better if an adult was selling or at least there at the viewings etc.

Agreed 100%. I would NOT deal with a 15 year old - and I've got nothing against 15 year olds (I was one a LONG time ago - and I sold a few ponies when I was between 13 and 16 to finance the ones I wanted to keep!)

But in this day and age, you HAVE to consider 'comeback' if a horse is knowingly mis-sold, which means you have to deal with an adult!