18yo looking for share horse/pony Edinburgh

DreamOfNoReturn

Visit site
I am an eighteen year old girl, currently just finished my sixth year at school and hoping to progress onto college in August.

I am looking for a new share horse or pony (14.2hh and over) or possibly someone looking for help with their horses in return for riding. I am also possibly looking for someone who just wants help with their horses in general, perhaps a Shetland needs walking out or an old pony needs some company during the day.

I am a caring rider who is competent and confident on as well as off the ground around horses.

In the past I have had previous share horses, and I also used to help in a disabled riding school for 3 years, so I am very capable of caring for horses to a high standard.

Currently, I have been riding for about 5 years. I am able to walk, trot and canter. I enjoy hacking out, schooling and jumping equally.

Unfortunately, due to school commitments and transport issues, I have been unable to get to a stable to ride regularly, but I do not think this will hinder me in the long term.
Also, I have been having a few problems with keeping my weight in my heels going into canter as I picked up a bad habit when watching my friend ride, but I am confident this can be fixed with regular riding.

I would love to have a younger horse to ride that perhaps might prove a little bit of a challenge and will help to improve my riding ability, buy really I'm looking for anything.

scotlass

Visit site
I am an eighteen year old girl, currently just finished my sixth year at school and hoping to progress onto college in August.

I am looking for a new share horse or pony (14.2hh and over) or possibly someone looking for help with their horses in return for riding. I am also possibly looking for someone who just wants help with their horses in general, perhaps a Shetland needs walking out or an old pony needs some company during the day.

I am a caring rider who is competent and confident on as well as off the ground around horses.

In the past I have had previous share horses, and I also used to help in a disabled riding school for 3 years, so I am very capable of caring for horses to a high standard.

Currently, I have been riding for about 5 years. I am able to walk, trot and canter. I enjoy hacking out, schooling and jumping equally.

Unfortunately, due to school commitments and transport issues, I have been unable to get to a stable to ride regularly, but I do not think this will hinder me in the long term.
Also, I have been having a few problems with keeping my weight in my heels going into canter as I picked up a bad habit when watching my friend ride, but I am confident this can be fixed with regular riding.

I would love to have a younger horse to ride that perhaps might prove a little bit of a challenge and will help to improve my riding ability, buy really I'm looking for anything.

Given that in the none-too-distant future you will have college work which will take up a bit of your time and you need somewhere on a bus route - perhaps it might be worth, at least in the short term, contacting one of the two bigger riding schools in Edinburgh - Tower Farm and Lasswade - and asking if you can help. You may be a bit older than the majority of helpers, but at least if you are busy with college work or can't get there for one reason or another, it wouldn't affect them like it would affect someone who was letting you care for / ride their own horse.

Also, with a riding school, you will get the chance to handle a variety of horses and ponies - just like at the RDA - and once you have shown you are reliable and trustworthy, they will probably give you free rides in return for work, which then would help to resolve your heel position

Last edited:

DreamOfNoReturn

Visit site
Given that in the none-too-distant future you will have

I actually didn't get into college, and I now have a job so I have more spare time :). I should also mention that bus routes may not be necessary if the stables are within walking distance or is not too far from where I live as I may be able to get lifts back if it's not a long journey :p.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am actually not a big fan of those riding schools. Different things have made me change my opinion and I refuse to help out somewhere where I don't agree with how things are being run.

Thank you very much for the advice though :).