1st Jumping Lesson report - CC welcome - be as brutal as you like (I can take it!)

Winklepoker

Visit site
Freckles and I have been practicing our pole hopping for about 2 weeks now that he has established a more balanced canter and was doing all that should be done over poles in trot and canter We booked a jumping lesson with a new trainer who we thought was just going to be cheap and cheerful to give us some guidance for tiny pole hopping sessions as a break from schooling.

Well, lady turns up and chats about grey man and what he does, me telling her he is rubbish and piles in A LOT and doesnt really have any style for this jumping lark - all a bit of fun. So over trot poles we go, pops up a little cross - que massive pole/pony pile up true to form!

She tells me to stop pony club kicking into the fence and let him do it all - I laughed; if you stop kicking- pony will fall asleep, gawk around, humming a tune or lie down and snooze. She told me to build up the energy before the corner, come around the corner with the buzzy pony and just let him come. SPOT ON!! Built up my implusion well before the fence and just left it to him - he flew!

Next fault she could see was his head coming very low taking all the rein and almost 'dive' like into the fence so she put up a slightly larger straight bar with some V poles up the middle. Tells me he might stand off so keep leg there ready - Bleedin flew like a bird! Massive bascule and the most wonderful feeling for me! Didnt even look! He wasnt lift through his shoulder much to begin with;

100E0386.jpg

So we raised the bar a little and what a difference, he was picking up a treat and came flying over some vomit inducing fences! What natural talent, I am so very lucky.

100E0391.jpg

LITTLE VIDEO

HAPPY SMILEY FACES ALL ROUND!

100E0393.jpg

FriendlyCob

Visit site
Hey

Other than your boy looks very cheerful with his ears pricked while he's jumping- I have no experience to try and pass judgement but i will say I love your banner at the bottom and if I should ever come the the marriage bridge I'd love my boy to come to it!!

Good luck with your jumping xx :D

Winklepoker

Visit site
Aw thanks FC, He wasnt at the actual wedding it was just a good excuse to wear my dress again. My lovley friend Gail does Re-working the dress shoots and they are fabulous :) x