1ST time intermediate

kateD

Visit site
Hi everyone,
I been competing at B.E novice level this season , with my 6yrs mare. Shes been goin really well (double clears longleat, barbury, salperton e.t.c) I'm looking for a good 1st time intermediate event ( pref: with a nice inviting SJ course!) I'm based in Wiltshire but will travel, if its a good event!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
You are probably struggling this year as not many left. Gatcombe is nice but entries are now closed. Aldon is reasonable and the SJ is nice although they use plastic poles.

You may be best to leave it until next year where you could try Gatcombe in the spring it is a lovelly open galloping course with nice SJ up to height but in a flat big ring.

H-J

www.piczo.com
Yes im going to try Tweseldown as my 1st IN so think that could be a good one, with good ground.

Their XC course should be on eventriders

Bossanova

Visit site
Gatcombe's quite a nice int, Tweseldown will be a proper int course but rides well and Aldon would prob be my ideal choice but it can be very wet there

H-J

www.piczo.com
Looking at Tweseldown (4) 2005, it doesnt look too bad, few narrow fences and combinations and a drop at number 3, but not one of the biggest ove seen looking at the photos, but then they look different up close

Bossanova

Visit site
I wont do it simply for fence 6- had a horrid horse fall there before and it always punishes horses. The corner is pretty big and the skinnies are skinny but like I say, it normally rides well

kateD

Visit site
Thanks for the advise! I'v already entered the I.N at gatcombe, but will definatley do the intermediate nxt year there. Im thinking about maybe doing Aldon - did anyone do the intermediate earlier in the year there? What did you think of it?

kateD

Visit site
Thanks for the advise! I'v already entered the I.N at gatcombe, but will definatley do the intermediate nxt year there. I thinking about maybe doing Aldon - did anyone do the intermediate earlier in the year there? What did you think of it?