2011 in pics

Oenoke

Visit site
Seen this on a couple of other forums and thought it would be fun to do it on here!

January
I found a couple of small lumps on Bertie, after the July before he'd had a malignant sarcoma removed from his leg I had these lumps removed quickly, these lumps were just cystic lumps, so nothing sinister. Bertie wearing his t-shirt and cone.
IMG_7196_edited-1.jpg

February
fun in the mud!
25022011715.jpg

25022011745.jpg

March
Skye competed in Novice Agility at Crufts where we got a 4th place.
IMG_7579_edited-1.jpg

April
Unfortunately I lost my old boy (nearly 16) at Easter, this is the last pic taken of him 2 weeks before he died.
IMG_7801_edited-1.jpg

May
Skye started competing at flyball, she did a couple of starters shows in January, then came out in open, this is a pic from an open show in May
Skye2.jpg

June
not much happened in June, just a couple of agility shows, so here's a pic of Bertie in the caravan at 1 of them.
IMG_8040.jpg

July
We went to the beach for the 1st time.
IMG_8366_edited-1.jpg

IMG_8368_edited-1.jpg

IMG_8362_edited-1.jpg

IMG_8416_edited-1.jpg

August
Our 10 day holiday at KC Festival and Dogs In Need Agility shows, Skye came 4th in the grade 3 final. We also met up with Toots, Skye's daughter and Star's litter sister.
IMG_8888_edited-1.jpg

September
Saw Skye get 2 x 2nd places and a 3rd place (with a big faff in a corner) in grade 3 agility, still that win eludes us!
_1000235_edited-1.jpg

_1000243_edited-1.jpg

October
The beginning of October saw the nicest, hottest weekend of the year! Being my birthday too, I went camping to a flyball competition and Skye enjoyed swimming in the river.
IMG_9029_edited-1.jpg

November
I bought myself a new DSLR camera!
IMG_1308_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2110_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1854_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2149_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2080_edited-1.jpg

December
For Christmas I got a new set of v-weaves. Pics of Skye and Star, but particularly pleased with Star as she is only 20 months old and only started learning weaves in April and she recalled through weave for pics.
IMG_3027_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3026_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3069_edited-1.jpg

ladyearl

vvv
Thank you - how lovely!

Once again I am smitten with collie envy. I lost my girl in August but I love seeing your dogs in action. Will be doggy hunting in 2012 once I get past a broken wrist.

Oenoke

Visit site
Lovely idea, well done!
Lovely dogs too.
Which club do you flyball with?
Thank you, I do flyball with Essex Echos, Skye normally competes in Essex Expectations.

Thank you - how lovely!

Once again I am smitten with collie envy. I lost my girl in August but I love seeing your dogs in action. Will be doggy hunting in 2012 once I get past a broken wrist.
Thank you, I love Border Collies!

Now that is one very happy doggy!!! :) Lovely pics!
Thank you, she is a really happy, funloving girl, she's homebred from my blue girl and will be 2 years old in April.

Come on everyone, I'd love to see your pics from 2011.

Oenoke

Visit site
i didnt say which one's i thought were gorgeous colors ;P

they are all lovely ,are they all border collies ?
or are the paler one's a different type of collie ? excuse my ignorance ,just interested :)

The 4 dogs I have now are all pedigree Border Collies, the only 1 that wasn't was Boomer, that went to the Rainbow Bridge in April, he'd been a rescue that I'd had since he was 6 months old.

This is Bertie (born 23/7/98), black/white from show lines
IMG_1876_edited-1.jpg

This is Teagan (born 21/8/01), black tri smooth coat from ISDS lines.
IMG_1312_edited-1.jpg

This is Skye (born 13/1/06), blue/white from sports lines
IMG_2447_edited-1.jpg

This is Star (born 3/4/10), lilac/white, Skye's daughter.
IMG_1760_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

angelish

Visit site
thanks for enlightening me :)
there all lovely and so different ,i have a GS x border collie hence the interest ,he was a rescue and all i know is the bitch was a GS ,the dog was the BC
he's the first iv'e had with BC and he has a lovely temp ,i think he takes a lot from the breed as he loves chasing tennis balls , doing a little agility, has the typical lie down stance and he likes to heard the chickens up :)

Oenoke

Visit site
thanks for enlightening me :)
there all lovely and so different ,i have a GS x border collie hence the interest ,he was a rescue and all i know is the bitch was a GS ,the dog was the BC
he's the first iv'e had with BC and he has a lovely temp ,i think he takes a lot from the breed as he loves chasing tennis balls , doing a little agility, has the typical lie down stance and he likes to heard the chickens up :)

It does sound like your boy is very BC. My neighbour had a GSD x BC, but he was more GSD imo, he was a lovely boy though, my god dog as I'd found him for my neighbours, unfortunately he went to the Rainbow Bridge just a couple of weeks after my Boomer, he was aged 11 years and had a tumour on his heart (common in GSD's).
31012009199-1.jpg

Oenoke

Visit site
aww sorry to here you've lost two this year :(
he looks a little like mine although mine has floppy ears ,ill try find a pic
i love mine to bits he's lovely ,when i first suggested getting him a lot of people tried to put me off because of the mix ,pleased i didn't listen :)

Would love to see a pic of your boy.

angelish

Visit site
here he is :)

2010_05190047.jpg

he's 8yrs old now ,i got him as a 6 week old puppy from an idiot who's GS bitch had been caught, there were 2 dogs in the litter both looked like mine and 4 bitches all looked like pure bred BC's black and white and fluffy
unless bought by responsable people i don't think the rest will have survived ,i bought him out of pitty for £25 :eek: and took him straight to the vet as he was full of worms/fleas the lot

i know i shouldn't have bought him and lined there pockets but i couldn't have left him :(

Oenoke

Visit site
here he is :)

2010_05190047.jpg

he's 8yrs old now ,i got him as a 6 week old puppy from an idiot who's GS bitch had been caught, there were 2 dogs in the litter both looked like mine and 4 bitches all looked like pure bred BC's black and white and fluffy
unless bought by responsable people i don't think the rest will have survived ,i bought him out of pitty for £25 :eek: and took him straight to the vet as he was full of worms/fleas the lot

i know i shouldn't have bought him and lined there pockets but i couldn't have left him :(

He looks gorgeous.

Oenoke

Visit site
I love how she closes the eye nearest the poles when weaving!

Thanks, they tend to do it, I suppose to protect it as the face does brush past the poles, the ear that side tends to be back too. Here's Teagan doing the same thing.
_P1I0297.jpg

_MG_25433.jpg

Toffee44

Visit site
Wont do too many.

This was 1/1/2011 (new puppy)

IMAG0441.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

This was 9/2/2011 (plus Teal and Will)

IMAG0552.jpg

Then on 13/9/2011 we lost will, this was my favourite photo of him.

IMAG0107.jpg

Then a month later we got Buster
IMAG0405-1.jpg

Then this is today 1/1/2012 (the cute puppy, Dylan, at the beginning of last year is the closest one)
IMAG0564.jpg

Inbetween all of this we had two holidays together, lots of walks, lots of training. New diet (raw).

Dylan experienced driving several modes of transport: Traction Engine, Steam Engine, Tractors, Forklifts, horse and cart, Landrover just waiting for Sledge this year (fingers crossed)

Teal has learnt to stop ( 75% chance ) has had a a couple of days beating and become the biggest cuddle monster ever!!!

Buster has learn the joys of daily brushing and every day walks, sometimes twice a day!!!!!!! Oh and muckheaps.......

lakesgirl

Visit site
Any excuse to show off my two.:D
I started the year with just Craven
300910022.jpg

and with lots of work over the winter he was getting offlead more and more to play.
092.jpg

051-1.jpg

174.jpg

and by the spring he was getting offlead on walks.
061-2.jpg

305.jpg

he also spent some time howling
232.jpg

in the summer he went camping a few times
402-1.jpg

in September we introduced Flint
064-3.jpg

who was introduced to play fighting
119-5.jpg

Flint was soon off lead too.
089-4.jpg

081-4.jpg

047-9-1.jpg

Flint did his bit for the local rescue
069-5.jpg

christmas
032-7.jpg

NeverSayNever

Visit site
what a lovely lot of pics and a fabby year Oenoke:D Loved the KC festival and DIN the year we ventured down. Here's to a fab year for you and your guys in 2012:D

can i join in?

we started off the year like this

snowywalk003.jpg

sleding043.jpg

lost my dear old Lab Ollie in March:(
ChristmasDay2010039.jpg

puppy Star joined us
star10weeks046.jpg

summer hols at the beach
curtaigagrishow119.jpg

curtaigagrishow179.jpg

curtaigagrishow138.jpg

star had a trials lesson
2011-07-18164302.jpg

swift improved in G6 and we found out she is deaf
dundeeagilitystar12weeks058.jpg

Gem still managed a 2nd in G6/7 combined, she's nearly 10 :D
dundeeagilitystar12weeks075.jpg

....cant wait to get cracking with the season this year but have to push a baby out in May:rolleyes::cool::D

ladyearl

vvv
I wasn't going to do this as it ends a bit sadly as she was PTS is August but I've been looking back over the photos and really she did have a good year till the end so .......

Spring time - we had some guests and lots of lovely walks

120.jpg

Then she started to go quite lame and had some hydrotherapy and acupuncture - this is her waiting at the hydro place (not massively impressed but it really did help)

Photo0003.jpg

Waiting in the garden, wiring into a chew, prior to yet another vet appt

320.jpg

One of my favourite oldie pix of her - I thought walks like this were over but after the acupuncture we could go out again

Photo0040_Edit001.jpg

In June she was busy hooning about with a much younger dog and broke a dew claw!!! this is her post op with girly pink bandage

Photo0053.jpg

A few days later - we went for a trip to the beach (her last)
Photo0055_Edit001.jpg

Two weeks before she was PTS we had a lovely walk up on the moor I let her decide the length of the walk and she was still bouncing at the end - 1 hour!

Photo0087_Edit001.jpg

A week after that walk she started to go down hill but we had guests again and she wanted to come out so this is from a short walk in the woods

megan9.jpg

Can't remember when this one was taken but some time this summer

megan5-1.jpg

And lastly this one taken in 1998 just after I got her

menmegearlydays.jpg

Last edited: