2014 plans?

LMR

Visit site
I'm already getting excited about 2014 after a very up and down 2013. My 2 are coming back into work after a holiday and I was starting to think about goals shows etc.

For my 6 year old who is going to be 7 next year!! I'm planning on getting qualified for novice summer regionals and making jump up to elementary. She's qualified for novice petplan finals so would love to make it into 2nd class. Our first show will be in Feb and I'm also hoping to take her jumping too.

My 14 year old is semi retired. Still worked at home. I hope to keep progressing in our training and to take him for a lesson. He had a big period of being unlevel so seemed to have fixed him so may take him out to a small show if he is looking good.

What are your plans for 2014??

measles

Visit site
Best of luck with your young mare and I hope she enjoys her jumping, too.

I hope that in '14 our 10yo son has fun and success jumping his ponies, and gels with his new chap, and that Saffy continues to go well and jump bigger tracks. We're also looking forward to producing more nice horses and enjoying getting to know them. Lastly, I hope that our new goat settles in!

Good luck to all in their endeavors in 2014! :)

anna22

Visit site
Good luck with the youngster and qualifying for your 2nd class!
I am hoping my big grey will find a happy place in his head out eventing and we actually complete all 3 phases without a mental breakdown… I am planning on scooting him round so diddy 70-80cm UA ODEs in March/April to get his mind used to the job before forking out for BE.
My 5yo is recovering from a very unfortunate suspensory injury after finding a very deep spot in our school when I was teaching him to jump on the lunge and he went batty with excitement. We are 2 months in now and he's sound but I plan on taking it incredibly slowly to give him the best chance possible of staying sound. I don't see us doing anything other than hacking until the summer. I hope then to concentrate on his schooling and poss teach him to jump on the firm ground in the field… I hope 2015 will be his season :) Time will tell, he's got a remarkable head on his shoulders and moves like a dream so I am holding out and giving him as much time as he needs :)
As measles said : Good luck and best wishes for 2014, may all be happy and healthy :)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Hopefully competing in the riding club on my now sound and barefoot horse. Fingers crossed it goes well, and I might consider doing BS again. It's been so long I might be able to get a membership discount :D

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
Oh good thread, hope your son has fun jumping measels he looks like such a nice little rider!! LMR hope your youngster does well at dressage and your older horse stays sound! Anna22 hope your 5yr old stays sound and you get out eventing your big grey!

Im hoping to bond with Moni and prefect all three phases to start looking at eventing towards the end of June, I'm going to try and equalify for the winter Novice RC comps in SJ and Dressage. I think he could be really special so I'm happy to take as long as he needs!

zizz

Visit site
For my 6 year old who is going to be 7 next year!! I'm planning on getting qualified for novice summer regionals and making jump up to elementary. She's qualified for novice petplan finals so would love to make it into 2nd class. Our first show will be in Feb and I'm also hoping to take her jumping too.

Snap, exactly the same except mines a gelding! - maybe see you at Hartpury? I also have homebred who will be four next year so will hopefully get her backed and doing something.

LMR

Visit site
Snap, exactly the same except mines a gelding! - maybe see you at Hartpury? I also have homebred who will be four next year so will hopefully get her backed and doing something.

Yes I will be the terrified person on a very chilled out bay mare. She is very plain but moves well so you'll probably just notice my look of fear. It's my first championship so looking forward to it.

Good luck to everyone next year and lets hope for happy sound horses whatever you are doing.

blood_magik

Visit site
First of all, I'd like to spend more time in the saddle than on the floor. :eek:

My main goal for next year is to jump at Blair. I'm only aiming for the 90cm open but it's on grass, which I don't like, and my confidence has pretty much deserted me over the last 8 months.
Other than that, I'd like to try a bit of showing with Beau and maybe see about doing some working hunter.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Simple really, to get Kal to at least two local unaffiliated ODEs to complete a 90 course . . . he is more than capable now and it would be lovely to see the two of them bounce round and have fun :).

P

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Well clever boy as already ticked off number 1 aim, to qual PSG regionals :) so next on list is inter 1 regionals.

If we get good enough scores at inter 1 I will apply to do Harpury or Hickstead CDI , yikes!

Qual for 2015 winter PSG music regionals, got first music run through on tues :)

Get the piaffe more reliable and maybe do an inter 2 at very end if year.

Supper NMT and fig at the u25, petplan champs and regionals.

JenTaz

Visit site
Hoping to really get Taz's flatwork spot on, we have done a couple of novice tests unaffiliated and had good scores at about 65%. Hoping to do some affiliated dressage on a ticket over the next few months to get him a bit more mileage.

With the hope of being at a livery yard close to the Scottish National Equestrian Centre in the summer to affiliate properly with the ambition to do an elementary or two before we head back to wales for uni at the end of september.

Not sure how much this is likely to happen with him being an Irish Draught, but we both try so hard and hopefully one day we will get there.

Wheels

Visit site
My boy will be 5 next year, hoping to get out and about to a few different things, maybe a trec, definitely hoping to do some dressage comps later in the year

Silmarillion

Visit site
I'm hoping to get the dinosaur out to some novice dressage next year.

Unfortunately our last outing this year to a small local prelim ended up in us retiring half way through and his owner deciding to book him in for investigation into his recent behaviour (totally chilled ex-racer has turned into a complete loon and is very unhappy about *something* behind his saddle). Assuming we find and fix whatever is wrong (haha!) then I'll be making the most of the next 18 months with him and attempting to get at least decent scores at novice, if not to bluff our way round an elementary at some point! He's nothing special but has the most amazing attitude and makes me feel like I could do anything if I try hard enough!

Fingers crossed...

Javabb94

Visit site
I hope to get some DC's at BE80(t) with my 16 year old in his first event season! XC isn't his strong point but he is getting much better. It would have been my aim to get placed at BE90 with my mare but she is caput so working with what I've got!

I would also like to get DC 1.10 unaff showjumping and improve our dressage drastically. I would like to get a BS discovery DC.

None of my aims for 2013 happened due to basically retiring my mare through navicular. So hoping this time next year to say I achieved them! However will be quite difficult with my opinionated and quirky beasty, I know he has it in him to be an XC machine just got to find is 6th Gear again!

siennamum

Visit site
I want to be able to compete my gelding who has been completely stop start for ever and is a pretty green 8 year old this year. Capable of doing a super test or hopping round 90cm, either would be great.
Son's horse could do a PN this year, hopefully we can crack a 60% dressage first.

Wheels

Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the thread this time last year for '2013 aims' I wonder if many of us managed to do what we aimed to do??

I can't even remember what I put

Hemirjtm

Visit site
My 2013 didn't go to plan at all so I haven't really thought about 2014! The only thing i would really like to do is, once he is broken in, I'd like to qualify my 3yr old lad for the French 3yr old National Championships. But if we don't go then it's not a big problem!

I've had a hard 2013, saw my 5yr old go through lots of tests to discover what the problem was, have treatment and then actually suffer because of the treatment and then he had to be pts. So in 2014 I want to have fun and enjoy my new boy :) (well sort of new...have known him since he was born but he only recently became 100% mine!!)

MagicMelon

Visit site
Took arrival of a new horsey today so very excited to get her going next year, will spend the winter backing her (weather dependent) then hopefully start taking her out to little things in the Spring, hoping to get her eventing and perhaps some showing / WH at the agricultural summer shows. My long term sponsor has also proposed to me that she sends me her own horse to introduce to eventing next year so that's very exciting too, we'll see if that pans out as it really depends if I find my bay a new home. Fingers crossed I can finally really get going with the horses again after I had my son and then a bad run of lameness issues with my two.

elliebrewer98

Visit site
With my new pony I hope to make the most of my first (and last!) year of jumping bsja as a junior and perhaps qualify for something larger. We are also working really hard to improve our dressage for when we join BE for the 2015 season, fingers crossed!

I'm currently working hard on establishing a good balanced canter with my other pony with the hope of competing competitively in unaffiliated dressage and some local showing. I would like to try some liberty with her as she's no longer my main competing and I'd like to try something new with her so I don't feel like she's left out!

Finally, I am looking forward to watching my little brother's bond with his pony grow as he experiences his first full season off leadrein for gymkhana and jumping. I'm also really looking forward to watching them doing their PC activities as he enjoys it so much and has so much confidence currently which has enabled him to really become a proper rider this year!
Here's to 2014! :)

comet!

Visit site
First aims for the year are:

To get to the winter prelim and novice regionals without any further accidents. 2013 was a really stop start year for us.

To not come last at the PetPlan prelim championships.

Hopefully he will have qualified for the summer regionals at novice, so then we may possibly have a go at qualifying for elementary PetPlan if we can get the mediums a bit more consistent.

vam

Visit site
Im not planning a thing :p it goes belly up every time i do :( Horse is currently broken so the only goal for next year is to get him sound and ridden, anything else will be a bonus.

Good luck everyone for 2014 :)

humblepie

Visit site
Keeping any competition plans secret and in my mind only but outside of competing just hope my retired horse keeps on going as long as possible as really enjoy hacking him out - and that from a person who rides to compete!

Good luck everyone with their goals.

TPO

Visit site
Im not planning a thing :p it goes belly up every time i do :( Horse is currently broken so the only goal for next year is to get him sound and ridden, anything else will be a bonus.

Good luck everyone for 2014 :)

This pretty much. After 3 yrs of planning I'm giving up plans!

Hopes for 2014 are for Doobie to recover quickly and fully from hopefully successful surgery in the New Year. Then, and not wanting to aim too high, maybe being able to spend some time off the ground actually riding!

Best wishes to other HHOers and I hope that they achieve all their goals :)

awilliams

Visit site
Hopefully continue where I left off! (Accident/surgery means I've been recovering and I'm dying to go out and do stuff!)

Get my DCs BN/Disco for second rounds, also the 85/95 amateurs. Also attempt to qualify for Blue Chip Finals.
Do some more dressage, and get some better scores!
Hopefully attempt some unaffiliated ODEs/maybe a BE if the going is good!
But the main thing is to have lots of fun and try my hardest throughout, very cliche but determined to make 2014 my year :D

I hope 2014 brings lots of great things to you all :)

HayleyUK

Visit site
2013 didn't really go to plan!

2014 aims:

Get 5yo (who'll be 6 then) out and about after spending her summer on box rest. Would like to get to know her (had her 14 months and she's spent just 5 of those in any sort of work!) ridden wise and have a crack at some prelims and maybe a bit of showing. Getting round our 1st lesson next weekend with minimal drama would be nice.

Keep 20yo VIP in a bit of work, possibly allow her to take 9yo novice child round her first test if things go okay!

Very low key aims as don't know what sicknote will be like or what her tendon will hold up to!

Really want to improve my position and riding this year!

Firewell

Visit site
My plan is to see what this USEA 3 day eventing lark is about here in the US. First one near me is end of Feb so the aim is to complete that, because everyone camps they are meant to to be fun and social so we will see!
I'd also like to do some jumpers and get myself familiarised with how the shows work. I'd like to do dressage but the nearest place to me which does dressage is 1.5hrs so I'm not sure if I will get to do much dressage :(. Might do a dressage clinic instead.
Most important aim... Have fun and enjoy my horse :)