2017 European eventing championships

sjb10

Visit site
http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/news/item.aspx?id=7025
What does everyone think of the combinations on the long list / squad / whatever it's called?
If you click on the link to the championship's website (don't worry, it's in English, you don't need to practise your Polish), you'll see that the forum's favourite commentator's going to be working there :)

It's nice to see some new names coming through, like Alexander/Willa/Rosalind.
But equally it's nice to see Tina/Pippa/Nicola still there. It's also nice to see some of the other names back.

Hope Mike's practicing (or should I say polishing ??) his Polish pronunciation :)

MyBoyChe

Visit site
You may be an old trout, but you have just made my Saturday :) Set the red button to record so I can sit down and watch the whole thing after riding mine, thank you for the heads up!

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
You may be an old trout, but you have just made my Saturday :) Set the red button to record so I can sit down and watch the whole thing after riding mine, thank you for the heads up!

Glad to have been of service :)
I think we might be neighbours(ish) if you're in North Bucks - I'm in Wolverton. Whereabouts are you?

Sophire

Visit site
Does anyone know timings for the dressage? I'm subscribed to FEI TV but would like to be able to know when I'm tuning in and not just constantly refreshing the page!

TheOldTrout

Visit site
From British Eventing's facebook page:

Thursday 17th August - times BST
Oliver Townend (Official)* - 9.29
Ros Canter Eventing* - 13.14
Piggy French - 14.46

Friday 18th August
Tina Cook* - 10.11
Gemma Tattersall Eventing- 13.28
Nicola Wilson Eventing* - 13.56

teapot

Visit site
Experience, horse performance/experience, what the course is like etc.

First tends to be pathfinder with team orders, see how it goes. Second tends to be the newbie. It says it all that Tina is third to go, the 'kick on and show us how it's done/reliable' position. Maybe they did learn something from Rio... Fourth is the bring it home safely position.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Id have put Gemma and Pebbles right behind/right up there with Tina as experienced and capable. They were my certs for the team, and Gemma has been posting how well the horse feels in the atmosphere there. However it did struggle a bit in Rio.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Ive just had a look at the xc pics. Goodness it's bright! Cross country has moved away from the rustic fences they used to be. It looks ok, lots of fences on mounds and hanging fences. The white parallel combinations look tight.

What did you guys think?

TheOldTrout

Visit site
I thought a lot of thought had gone into the visual aspect of the fences. Didn't seem to be many combinations, but maybe that was me missing them because I only skimmed through.

TheOldTrout

Visit site
Tomorrow's GB times, from British Eventing:
Day two of the dressage starts just after 10am for GB with the remaining three riders in the arena at the following times (BST):

Kristina Cook 10.11
Gemma Tattersall 13.28
Nicola Wilson 13.56

teapot

Visit site
Id have put Gemma and Pebbles right behind/right up there with Tina as experienced and capable. They were my certs for the team, and Gemma has been posting how well the horse feels in the atmosphere there. However it did struggle a bit in Rio.

Tatts really doesn't have huge team champs experience though, not compared to Tina, Ollie, Nicola - 3* and 4* experience is one thing, Champs experience is quite another. There's always one newbie in a team to get experience, surrounded by others, and it went to Ros Canter this year.

More importantly, bloody hell re Bettina's test.

Last edited:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Actually, Gemma just posted some pics of her walking the course, and some of those fences that looked pretty straightforward on H&H's preview pics look absolutely massive!

Daffodil

Visit site
Looks a very tricky course. Fence 4 so early on will catch out many. I just hope there are enough let-up fences and options available so the less experienced nations don't get completely obliterated.

TheOldTrout

Visit site
I was reading some of the riders' views in H&H this morning. It sounds quite complex, twists and turns, lots of concentration needed!

MT_Whippet_Man

New User
Visit site
Superb scores from Gemma Tattersall and Nicola Wilson. Sadly, Gemma's score won't count for the team but this leaves us on a final dressage score of 111.9. Germany is guaranteed to have the lead and can't score worse than 91.2, but even if (as expected) Julia Krajewski's score is the discard after Michael Jung's test, we're only going to be one run-out/refusal and a few time penalties off the lead going into tomorrow. It's going to be a very exciting day on the red button!