2018 Body protector show down

Visit site
I'm sure this has been done before but I couldn't find a recent thread.

I'm in the market for a new bp. I got a long service monetary award form work and so instead of the usual new watch or TV I'm going to get a new bp to commemorate the slaving away I've done over the last 5 years to feed my eventing habit.

Originally I wanted Racesafe Provent 3.0.. but it only comes in black and ideally I'd like Navy. So now I'm going down the Dainese route.

What are the pro's and cons of each? (if any).

Thanks for any help in advance. The BP i have at the mo is an aireo wear basic one, and I have also had a K bp but its sooo heavy!

VRIN

Visit site
I have the race safe 2010 and love it. Had always had Rodney Powell before but this one is so much more comfortable.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The dainese seems heavy to me in comparison and I have yet to see anyone carry the female version and the standard has just no boob room at all. The provent shelves above my boobs but at least sort of works but I think the non-provent style sits better from trying on (I did a tour round burghley the airowear seemed like it might be a good option for me too, which is handy as it's cheaper.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Love my Dainese - Treehouse Online have the women's version. If you check size charts and can fit into the smallest women's size then you'll also fit the XL kids size which will save you £80 ;).

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Ah thats helpful DF, I wonder if they take them out anywhere as would love to try one, Im fairly sure I discussed it with them at Burghley and that was where the boob problem came up but no one mentioned one for girls (I only found out on here)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Ah thats helpful DF, I wonder if they take them out anywhere as would love to try one, Im fairly sure I discussed it with them at Burghley and that was where the boob problem came up but no one mentioned one for girls (I only found out on here)

I actually got mine from them at Burghley! This would've been about 3 years ago when they first came out but they had the full range of genders, sizes, and colours. Mine's a large size child's one but I do have to wear my tightest sports bra if I want to stand a chance of doing it up.

They've got the ladies ones in stock here: http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/product/239 with the size charts here: http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/sizes/56 . If you're a member of TwitterEventing on Facebook you also get a 10 or 15% discount code (I forget which) for Treehouse. They're also currently doing £50 off the new model Balios.
I guess if you're going to a big show they're exhibiting at you could email or phone them the week before and request they bring some for you to try on?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had a Rodney Powell and liked it until I had a Racesafe, which I liked, until I had an Outlyne...

I liked them all until I borrowed an Dainese. Much preferred that one to any of the others, despite it being a size smaller than I would have bought!

I should say that this was over 20 years, so they have probably improved the Rodney Powell since then! The Racesafe was the 2010 version, but not the newer one with holes. The Outlyne was great, but for some reason they used a showerproof material, which sounds OK until you factor in sweat, and it smells despite sponging. Obviously you can't put it in the machine. The other two had a lot more use and never did smell. or even get a sponging.

I think the only way to know for sure is to go somewhere to try them all on. My next one will be a Balios.

LPL

Visit site
I’ve just changed from an airowear outlyne to a provent and it is EXCELLENT. I’ve just started wearing a BP for hacking after being dumped by baby pony and not much enjoying it and absolutely hated the outlyne. So bulky but the provent is light and flexible. I can hardly tell I’ve got it on.