29th Feb Leap-Weekend Plans

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Super happy with Lottie!! 2 DCs at the Cat 1 show at Southview today. So that's 1 qualifying round for Aintree. Plus placed 2nd in the Senior British Novice First Rounds with a fast clear. Woop woop. Lottie is awesome and we are back on track! After last weeks car-crash lesson, it was very nice to feel like I can actually ride a bit. And not just get in her way while whimpering pathetically 🤣

View attachment 134968
Well done AE and Lottie!! Seeing this after the post of the pre-show training lesson is very inspiring, though I appreciate the lesson was a tricky one for you. I found your FB post helpful for me this week - the imagery of a sulky chimp wandering off having been proven wrong made me chuckle and I had this in mind when I rode through my 'I want to get off' moments :D

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Well done AE and Lottie!! Seeing this after the post of the pre-show training lesson is very inspiring, though I appreciate the lesson was a tricky one for you. I found your FB post helpful for me this week - the imagery of a sulky chimp wandering off having been proven wrong made me chuckle and I had this in mind when I rode through my 'I want to get off' moments :D

That's brilliant!! Well done.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Mixed day at day 2 of Southview. Clear in the British Novice so 2 of the 4 clears needed for second rounds done. But then came a cropper in the 95 championship qualifier. Lottie was jumping fluidly but hesitated at a big oxer. I thought she was going, but she didn’t. So I jumped it without her! Still 3 clears from 4 classes at our first event of the year is pretty good going. Very good platform to build from….

D35CFD91-1163-4DA4-9514-F1E8A2057237.jpeg42B7C358-CE3F-40F2-B518-5E3BA5B43B88.jpeg3574306C-3FF1-4146-B01A-A9376F741EAB.jpeg

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have been so busy with the house refurb and a new partner, poor Rigs and BH have been somewhat put down.

On Saturday, I realised it was over a month since BH was jumped, so new partner was introduced to how to construct a simple horse jump.

Sunday was spent out cycling and shopping for the house (pans and knives for the new kitchen) but BH and Rigs had a quick trot out!

I don't suppose the horses mind doing less. I reckon in about 6 weeks, the house will be in a more orderly state and the weather better.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have been so busy with the house refurb and a new partner, poor Rigs and BH have been somewhat put down.

On Saturday, I realised it was over a month since BH was jumped, so new partner was introduced to how to construct a simple horse jump.

Sunday was spent out cycling and shopping for the house (pans and knives for the new kitchen) but BH and Rigs had a quick trot out!

I don't suppose the horses mind doing less. I reckon in about 6 weeks, the house will be in a more orderly state and the weather better.

Looking at the first video the new partner needs a lesson in keeping the eyes on the horse while walking across the arena. He's precious, we don't want him damaged!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Looking at the first video the new partner needs a lesson in keeping the eyes on the horse while walking across the arena. He's precious, we don't want him damaged!
To be fair, this was his first time in an arena with a horse ever. I knew it was my job to ride round him. He is doing great and I trained Mr Red from scratch too, to the stage that he had his own horse and even competed. I found the best thing was never to criticise. As long as I can keep new partner safe, he can learn his own lessons.

My lawn learned a lesson this weekend. New Partner wanted to try the little tractor, I said it was still too wet. The tractor got stuck 😖but I bet he never makes that mistake again!