2nd Dog

frankie7

Visit site
for those with more than 1 dog, do you tend to stick with the same breed or something different?

We have Chimo the British Inuit and are thinking of getting another dog (a boy) next year (she has just turned 1).

What combination is best?

Thanks

severnmiles

Visit site
No need for me to answer
wink.gif
lol

But seriously, its always been GSD's for us before the inuits. I know I'll always have inuits as for me they're the perfect breed but if you don't feel you've found 'your' perfect breed then perhaps you should look at others that may take your fancy / fit your lifestyle! Does that make sense?

I bet Chimo will love a friend whatever you decide
smile.gif

Maisy

Visit site
I dont think it matters.........Personally, I have 3 weimaraners and a JRT.

My mum has a boxer and a retriever......

.........just dont leave any mirrors about & you'll be fine
wink.gif

ladylisa

Visit site
I have two weimaraners and am getting my 3rd in spring, but this time i am going for a long haired weimaraner, as for me they are the perfect breed, and i wouldn't want anything else.

So if inuits are the breed for you get another but if not look for something that fits you better.

CAYLA

Visit site
Well I have loads and all different breeds..because all mine are rescues and I won't go out and buy one from a breeder....I generally keep those that need secure homes for one reason or another, my own few choices and ones I have kept because I wanted the or specific breed are my whippets, cos I love them and shepherds, as a large breed I also like those.

so how did I end up with

a pointer, akita, rotti,.....god knows
crazy.gif
...defo not breeds I would have as a first choice...but saying that I would and will alwasys have akitas...provided they come through the rescue.

brightmount

Visit site
We had a Springer Spaniel bitch and two years ago we took on a Yorkshire Terrier boy. You would think they couldn't be more different but they get on like a house on fire. The Yorkie definitely thinks he is a gun dog, and behaves like a Springer Spaniel! The rescue centre wanted us to have a boy as we already had a bitch. Different sex pairings (if speyed/castrated) are generally more successful.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
I tend to stick with the breeds I love & know. Staffies and GSD are what we've always had & truthfully I never look at any other breed. That's not to say I dislike other breeds but I feel I know the charactistics of these dogs so it makes living with them easier from day one.

I've done it slightly different this time. I have a male staffie now (have always had bitches), and have a bitch shepherd now (have always had males), so this is quite a new thing for me and most interesting.

frankie7

Visit site
We are 99% sure we would have another Chimo, everyone stops us on a walk and says how lovely and beautiful she is! (they are right of course!) the only thing that concerns me is walking 2 large dogs by myself. some of the walks, in the morning in particular will need to be on pavements and not sure if i can cope with 8 paw drive!