2nd visit to my spaniel pup. She's now 19 days old. *pics*

Nickijem

Visit site
We went over to the breeder's house last night for dinner and to see how our little pup is! She is now 19 days old - still another 6 weeks til she comes to us, I can't wait!!

Here are a couple of pics of little Purdey:
30122009123-001.jpg

and with her dad:
30122009.jpg

We got a copy of her pedigree too last night.
She has quite a few dogs from the Rytex lines - apparantly a good strain of working dogs - anyone else with those bloodlines?

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
You'd be hard pushed to find a working-bred Springer without Rytex to be honest
grin.gif
That and Badgercourt lines are VERY popular! Badgercourt dogs tend to be larger, heavier dogs, whereas I 'think' Rytex are smaller and faster, quite popular with Field Trial people.
You can see the Rytex in her - lots of white on her face and her ear with a bit of white- very 'Rytex'!

She is lovely
grin.gif
Have fun!!

MissJael

Visit site
OHs spaniel had Rytex in her, like Hen said, a smallish bitch with lots of white and a fab nose. She died 2yrs ago after getting poisoned on one of the estates he was picking up at
frown.gif

Spudlet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OHs spaniel had Rytex in her, like Hen said, a smallish bitch with lots of white and a fab nose. She died 2yrs ago after getting poisoned on one of the estates he was picking up at
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's terrible!
shocked.gif
Poor dog
frown.gif

itsme123

Visit site
Oh my!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

she is adorable!!!

We had a Rytex bitch in for training which dad sold for quite a bit of money, so I take it a very valuable and sought after line? She was an intelligent fast learning little girl
smile.gif
who went on to do a lot of field trials.
We had our own spangle called Purdy too. Just to confuse you further, we had a cocker, also called Purdy
grin.gif

'Tis a popular name for gundogs
wink.gif

Look foward to lots more pics xx

Nickijem

Visit site
Thanks for your replies - especially about the Rytex dogs. This is our first Springer ( I have had labradors, GSD and collies) so don't know much about the lines - not that it would make any difference really, I just like to take an interest!
Henmeister - the breeder pointed out the Rytex ear! She has some Badgercourt in her too on her father's side but the breeder said she was a typical Rytex dog.
I am SO excited about getting her now - only 5 weeks on Friday!