3.5 ton lorries with ramps on drivers side

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I am a bit confused I hired a lorry and the ramp is on drivers side so do I still put the horse on the drivers side as he will have to go on the first bit, I don't think it will cause a problem his happy to go on the end stall but was just wondering.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes, I had my lorry done like this so there was a spare partition where a toilet could go, as the horse never goes in it!

It also means that if you have to park roadside you can tuck the box in onto the verge, tack up on the box, ramp down/horse off/ramp up, and then the box is still all tucked in.

It also means that you are leading them on from the nearside, so they are more likely to understand how to get on without further prep.

Yes, the horse always goes on the driver's side because of the camber in the road.

Micropony

Visit site
Mine is a 4t and can take 2, but is 3.5t sized, iykwim. Ramp is on driver's side. If I am only travelling one, I put the horse the far side of the partition, so on the passenger side. My thinking is that it must be more stable to have the weight of the horse and the weight of the ramp on opposite sides of the lorry. The lady I bought it from used to do the same. Maybe I am technically doing it wrong, as I have heard the thing about the camber, but it seems to work well tbh. Maybe there isn't a right or wrong way of doing it?