3.5T box wanted!!

varietymix_123

Visit site
After months of trying to decide what to do about a horsebox and looking at lots of 4x4s and trailers, I do think that the way to go is a 3.5T box. I don't need the living in a 7.5T (at this stage anyway!) and will only be carrying my 16.1hh boy on his own. He travels in anything!!
BUT - I have about 5.5K (MAX) and am struggling to find one! Have tried a couple who have backed away when I say I might have a mechanic test the engline... so is it possible to get this?!!
Thank you :)

laura7981

Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how would he 'test' the engine?
There's a few Renault master types on eBay. I have a vauxhall movano and I love it, so does the hoss :)

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Yeah you could have mine. The engine is excellent, cambelt failure about 500 miles ago means it's had a complete rebuild and new top end, IIRC it's only done about 70K from new.

Rest of it's pretty **** though!

scarymare

Visit site
Yes - mine was recently up for sale for £4500 and was/is an ACE box. Genuine 58K, fastidiously maintained etc. She was an older box (1995) but a real cracker. She's with traveltwo horseboxes (or will be from 20th) as I am upgrading but will really miss her - feel like she's been such a servant. I'd google them if I were you, but suspect they already have a buyer.

varietymix_123

Visit site
Thank you...

scarymare - Is it these guys?! http://www.traveltwohorseboxes.com/ Can't see it on their website but would definitely be interested!!

I just mean checking there is nothing about to go wrong with the mechanical side... I have no idea what I am looking for when buying a vehicle so just in case there is going to be a sudden problem. Happy for some good old wear and tear.. will obviously happen with an older one :)

Walrus

Visit site
I'm looking for much the same thing, I think it will just take time and then when the right one comes along you need to be prepared to move fast! I've been looking for a while and a few more have definitely appeared in the last 2 weeks.