3.5T horsebox to carry 2 x TBs?

chestnuttyy

Visit site
I'm probably looking for the impossible but does anyone know of a 3.5T horsebox that would have a large enough payload to take 2 x TBs (both weigh about 500kg).

All the 3.5T boxes I've seen seem to have an unladen weight of about 2.5T which is too heavy.

Not got a massive budget either so limited even further!

Any advice much appreciated :)

Thanks x

OWLIE185

Visit site
The absolute maximun pay load you can get with the very latest state of the art 3.5 ton horsebox container is 1.1 ton however you are talking about a company that would use aeronautical industry materials and technology to make the container. Please be aware that added to the horses weight of 1 ton in your case you have also the weight of the driver, passenger(s) fuel and equipment, feed and water which will easily eat up the .1 of a ton and take you over weight.

fizzer

Visit site
I have a payload of 1050 kg and would only ever take 1 horse or 2 little ponies. I won't even put my 17.2 hh heavy weight in it.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Actually, there are some on the market with payload up to 1.4t... yes, they are newer and more expensive, but way beyond the ''absolute maximum payload for a horsebox container'' ;)

chestnuttyy

Visit site
Thanks, that's pretty much answered my question. Will just be taking one then as no way would travel right up to max payload. X

chestnuttyy

Visit site
GOOGLE - 3.5 tonne horseboxes payload kgs - COMES UP WITH PAYLOADS FROM 1100 TO 1300 !!

:) if only my budget could stretch to one of these!! Concluded they will have to travel separately, it's not too much of a problem just wanted to test the water!

perfect11s

Visit site
:) if only my budget could stretch to one of these!! Concluded they will have to travel separately, it's not too much of a problem just wanted to test the water!
You might consider taking a B+E towing test then you could tow a trailer, one in lorry one in trailer or just take the lorry test and buy a 7.5 tonner better value and better lorry...