3.5t with day living help please

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I have asked before but we have taken so long to make a decision and faffed about so much I thought Id ask again, have any of you guys fitted living into a 3.5 van style box. Unless a 6.5 that isnt falling to bits drops in my lap we have given up the search, we simply cant find what we want and have decided to put a hob/sink and comfy bench seat into our van (I know it will bring the payload down but we only have 1 pony and wont be selling it if we can do what we want to it). We just want to be able to make a cuppa and sit down in between classes or after a long hack so a bed isnt needed. We want to fit an awning to the off side as well for shelter so any help, suggestions for suppliers or even better, some pics would be fab. Posted in here because I thought there would be more peeps in here with lorries/vans.

ROG

Visit site
From another thread -
On a B licence you can tow a 750 kgs plated MAM caravan behind a 3500 GVW horsebox

5.jpg

OK, that's a pro set up on a B licence but you can find many caravans with a max MTPLM of 750 kgs

here are some - http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/news-a...isure-trailer-awards/caravans-750kg-and-under

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Rog, great idea but our yard is so awkward that we wouldnt be able to reverse that combo in it. There is no way of driving around the yard, its pull in, reverse back round a right angle to pull out. I started off with my Isuzu double cab and a Bateson trailer but if there was any other vehicle at the yard, you simply couldnt make it work. The layout of the buildings, muck heap, fences etc make it an impossible manouvre :(

Jules19

Visit site
I have a Kevin Parker Aeos, which I've had a single bed/bench seat and a hob and sink put into the back of, which is all separated from the horse area with a bulkhead. Payload is 1.1T on a 3.5T box, could have upgraded the chassis to 3.9T (Vauxhall Movano) but as it would still only carry one horse comfortably it didn't seem worth the investment to me. I am really pleased with it, had it nearly a year now. They will convert an existing box or build from the chassis up, whatever you need. Highly recommend. :)

Horsemad12

Visit site
Is the hob / sink really worth it for the odd cup of tea when you can just take a flask of hot water. Quicker, lighter and less mess?

Just a thought anyway.............

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Love those little pods, how cool are they, pricey though!! Jules, that sounds the sort of thing we want to do. Do you have an outside tack locker or do you manage to carry your stuff in the living bit still? Horsemad, you are right of course, it is a lot of effort for a cuppa, I just like the idea of a little self contained unit :)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Wow, those go pods are pretty sexy. That might be a great thing for family life in a few years, more convenient than a hoard of camping stuff, and less faff than a caravan. Me likey!

Gracie21

Visit site
We've got a VW LT35 with day living! We have a hob and sink and teeny tiny bench. The cut through to cab makes a convenient seat and living is plenty big enough for us to chill out between classes :)

Jules19

Visit site
Those pods are ace, want one!

Aeos has external tack locker, that comes into the living area, so nothing protruding into horse area at all. The tack locker holds the gas bottle for the hob, and a horse shower. There is a built in water tank as well. It is a miracle of space and weight saving ;)

Horsemad12

Visit site
Fair enough, I have a camping burner / stove thing in mine but always just take a flask!

Now the pod is a completely different kettle of fish. Want but way out of my budget!