3 best/worst things you've ever bought...

truffles

Visit site
For you and your horse? (the you bit has to be horsey too, if you get me?)

Mine would have to be..
best - Long flicky body brushes, a neck cover, and my tyne muck boots!
worst - not real sheepskin numnah (It 'moults' on her!) - That is it so far!
smile.gif

teapot

Visit site
best - gr8 hat, musto snug blouson and ariat boots

worst: cheap gloves, toggi boots (didnt last 6 months working in a yard and they were clean/polished regularly) and a coat that wasn't waterproof

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Best: Be nice halter, Clippers and a Heather Moffett dressage and jumping saddle (when I buy them in the new year
tongue.gif
)

Worst: The horses........Bloodsucking monsters!

Jemayni

Visit site
Best - Thermatex rug, my unbranded £150 saddle (8 years old still fab), Gold Label show white paste.

Worst - Various expensive "whitening" shampoos, musto cooler, various tail bandages...

madgirl

Visit site
best: thermatex, cheap brible, premier equine xc boots
worst: thinngs i dont need (thermatex leg bandages, way too thick)

vivhewe

Visit site
Best: Waterford snaffle, Wintec saddle that always fits and adjusts when it doesn't, My riding hat - wouldn't be here without it (although it's sadly going to be replaced by a Charles Owen gr8
crazy.gif
) and I know this makes four but my John Whitaker Snug jacket, had it three years now and it's still warm, still waterproof and hasn't ended up in shreds from being worn all the time!

Worst: Just Togs zip-up jodphur boots that split in no time at all, and weren't alll that comfortable when they were in once piece. Tack that comes with horses when you first get them, I've replaced everything anyway so would've been better off asking for money off if he came without tack!

Oh and my mini racehorse, when he isn't being a good lad anyway!
grin.gif

druid

Visit site
Best - All my horseware rugs: no rubbing, no leaking, no tearing and they never shift, jelly scrubber: no more fights about getting to the horse underneath the mud, 99p Soda crystals: hwo to turn a yellow tail sparkling white

Worst - Other brands of t/o rugs: They've ALL ripped,leaked or rubbed
mad.gif
, a non-brand jersey cooler: it looks like a miniskirt!, leadropes with triggers clips instead of snap clips: they always break within a few weeks!

Tia

Visit site
Horses - our farm, field shelters, top quality rugs.

Me - our farm, my ugly boots which are good for -40 temperatures, my Carhart insulated trousers which are good for -60.

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
best: <font color="blue">Fal pro rug - saves valuable time in the winter
synthetic wintec close contact saddle - changeable gullet saves a fortune
INSURANCE
grin.gif
</font>

worst: <font color="blue">rhinegold tendon boots - full size didnt go ANYWHERE near my usually cob sized mare
william funnel fly rug - ripped to shreds in 2 hrs!
cheap brushes- just plain nasty </font>

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
my Carhart insulated trousers which are good for -60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really miss my carharts! Do you have the bibs, or the all in ones that make you look like michelin man?

Tia

Visit site
The bibs
blush.gif
. I don't care what I look like here - trappers hat, 2 down Toggi's, Salomon gloves, Carharts and my ugly boots.......I never get cold.
cool.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The bibs
blush.gif
. I don't care what I look like here - trappers hat, 2 down Toggi's, Salomon gloves, Carharts and my ugly boots.......I never get cold.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we have a pic of all that!
tongue.gif

Tia

Visit site
If you really want to see me in full winter gear then I will have a piccy taken once the freezing weather arrives. You won't actually see me - you'll just see a giant blobby thing with no visible skin, LOL!!

Pidge

Visit site
Best - Rambo Supreme, Equilibrium training boots, Ford Cargo 813 horsebox
Worst - Black Country Dressage Saddle (not in use, up for sale), Deboiz body suit, numnahs not cut for high withers

skye123

Visit site
Best - my horse (when shes good), my musto jacket which keeps me nice and snug and a rhinegold lightweight turnout that was £20 and its been invaluable!

Worst - my horse (when shes naughty), travel boots that were such a good price i was determined that they would fit my horse but they didnt!!

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
travel boots that were such a good price i was determined that they would fit my horse but they didnt!!

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods, raises hand in guilt too*
blush.gif
except it applies to manyyy other things!

Bossanova

Visit site
Best- prolite pad, proper leather xc boots, my two origin saddles- so lovely to ride in and the one I just got for Moon was a bargain!!
Worst- I've bought so much crap over the years its hard to pick out individual items!! Probably.... a requisite turnout rug- the most un-waterproof thing ever, 2 brand new t/o rugs just before my horse decided he wouldnt wear them and cheap neoprene over-reach boots- used to always lose them everytime we went xc

RachelB

Visit site
Best - Thermatex rug, my Puffa jacket with removable arms for £30 (keeps me mega snug) and my Wintec saddles.
Worst - my Mark Todd medium stable rug (turnouts fit her ok but this one was absolute rubbish, totally wrong cut!), a Shires turnout rug (rubbed to pieces and ripped very easily, also leaked), and... erm... that's it so far! Hopefully not my new trimmers (hope my mucky horse doesn't blunt them too quick)!

Bex7

Visit site
my best things include things bought for me, just goes to show others have better purchasing skills than me and I am a buyer for a living!!!

BEST:
Winter coat, dublin empress bought by lovely friend and daughter, very warm and dry and completely wind proof, I am always toasty now
Sheepskin seatsaver bought by my little sister. It is like sitting on a cloud!
Phazer fly spray - fantastic, they drop dead in an instant

WORST:
saxon lite shower sheet, completely wrong cut and the rain just ran down his neck.
Headcollar with out the unfastening noesband - pain in the butt to tack up with that one
Woof puddle boots that are completely UN waterproof, standing in a puddle wearing them is like doing so with just socks on.

pottamus

Visit site
Best - the horse, mobile field stable, back protector, MH boots, Thorowgood cob saddle, trailer
Worst - cheap numnahs, pelham bit, in hand show lead...never used and not likely to either!

jnb

Visit site
Best.. Black Country GPD Saddle, Oster Mane &amp; Tail brush, Folding Step Mounting Block, Renault Master rear facing horsebox
Worst..Stubben bridle (size so small!), crap shavings from the yard which are mostly sawdust
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
BAD HAY (we have to have what THEY buy)

Caritas

Visit site
Best things i have ever bought for my horse are horseware rugs, dually halter, lister liberty clippers, anti cast bars and my single trailer. The worse things that i have bought were maverick clippers, weatherbeeta turnout rugs (they leaked and slipped) cottage craft dressage numnah and the pessoa traininig aid.