3 months with new boy - update with pics

Bernster

Visit site
Hopefully with pics if I can get the hang of photobucket (sorry if the size is off).

I always like to read how people are getting on when they've shared their horse buying stories on here, so I thought I'd return the favour. Finnegan, 16h ID, rising 5yo, bought in March this year. Lovely paces but quite green with schooling and jumping and a bit bolshy on the ground (typical baby stuff but quite annoying as he's a chunky fella and I'm a shorty).

Fortunately (touch wood) he's a quick learner, has a great attitude, has yet to spook at anything, is honest and really tries his hardest. I'm still waiting for the 'Kevins' to appear and being pretty cautious but so far I've taken him out to a couple of local lessons/clinics, done a bit of jumping, a sponsored ride and the rest of the time we've hacked and schooled. This weekend we had a little clinic at our yard, a mix of lessons and then a test, so we attempted Intro B cos we can't canter properly yet. He was brill, lots to learn but behaved fab, despite pilot error in the test. Got 60% but think that was a bit generous, and came 2nd (should I mention there were only 3 in the class lol and they do rosettes to 3rd place, love it!).

I usually hate seeing pics of myself as my position is all over the shop so please excuse the wonky rider. The scribe (who is also the YO) is a chiro and came over and gave me some tips after my test. Next outing is a jump clinic this weekend and then I will look out for a nice low level DR or clear round for our first proper outing. Eeek.

Having just gone the wrong way in the test (aka "a moment of freestyle")

Finnegan%20June%202015%20Intro%20B.png

Warming up, he's concentrating, I'm just having (lop sided) fun

image_8.jpg

Jump clinic in April

image_9.jpg

Asha

Visit site
What a cracker��, he's just like our newbie too. Same name, age, breed, colour and temperament. Can't beat ID's. The smile on your face says it all.

Here's to years of fun !

Bernster

Visit site
Beautiful horse!
ah thank you!

He's gorgeous , glad I'm not the only lob sided rider :D
now is it lop or lob? No clue, but yes I am truly skewed. Keep talking about getting physio and with an on site chiro I really have no excuse now.

He is beautiful and you are much better than you think you are!
haha thanks. I'm my own worst critic so there's no persuading me otherwise !

What a cracker��, he's just like our newbie too. Same name, age, breed, colour and temperament. Can't beat ID's. The smile on your face says it all.

Here's to years of fun !
how cool is that. How is your boy doing? He really is fab to ride, I forgive him for trying to occasionally chew my leg.

Bernster

Visit site

Jinx94

Visit site
Thanks all. I realise it was a pointless post and I try not to gush too much (bound to go awry!) but have been surprised how good he's been. I've always liked Irish horses and now I have one ��

It's not a pointless post!! Gush away :p I'm a nosy sod and tbh love reading everyone's updates about their horses!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
you are making fantastic progress with you Finnegan :) and he is looking great, especially as he is so young. Onwards and upwards ! well done, you have a super horse there

Annagain

Visit site
He's lovely. Reminds me of my share horse whom we thought was 1/2 Irish 1/4 TB and 1/4 Welsh for 15 years until his breeder tracked us down and we discovered he is in fact 5/8 TB 1/4 Welsh and 1/8 Shire!

Dusty85

Visit site
I read a post of yours earlier and wondered when we would get an update on your handsome grey boy!

He looks fab and I'm pleased for you that things are going well. He's certainly a looker!

Look forward to seeing more pics/posts about him :)